a group of friends in MyREINspace allows you to make your
activities known to this select group of users and likewise to keep up
with their actions. Adding users as friends designates these users in
your community to receive special privileges.
When you become friends with another user, you are both listed on each other's Dashboard Friends page.
To request a friend relationship with another user, you send him or
her a friendship request message. But you can cancel this request
before or after he/she receives the request. The friend relationship
can be discontinued by either of you at any time by clicking a removal
link beside that friend's name.
Some users such as moderators in forums are automatically added as a
friend to all new members. If the user in this role changes (such as
the moderation transferring from one user ID to another one), the new
moderator will automatically become a friend of any new member joining
the community after that moment. MyREINspace also makes it
possible for the new person in this role to be added retroactively to
This page contains instructions to perform the following tasks:
Add a friend
To become friends with another member in the website, a user sends
the member a friendship request via email. To invite a user to become
your friend, navigate to the user's profile and select his/her Friends page.
- Click the Add as Friend link.
- A dialog window opens to allow you to send a personal message to
this user (if you want to personalize the request). When you click Send Request, the friendship request is sent.
(Alternate method: Add the Invite User widget to your Home Page/Dashboard; enter the user's
email address in the Email address field; type a message in the Message
field, then click Send.)
- After the other user receives your request it appears on his or her Friends page Requests to Review tab. He or she can Accept or Reject the request.
- If the user accepts the friendship request, your name and avatar
display on his or her Friends page. Your friend's user name and avatar
display on your Friends page.
Cancel a request for friendship
You can cancel a request to become someone's friend at any time
after making the request. There are two links where you can do this:
- After you send a request for friendship, the Add a Friend link beside a user's name becomes a Cancel Pending Friendship link. You can click this link to cancel it.
- The pending request you've just sent is also listed in your Friends page Your Requests tab. You can click the Cancel request beside the user's name there, too.
Remove a friend
When a user is listed in your Friends page, you can remove him or her at any time by locating his or her ID and clicking Remove as Friend.