File galleries contain
media files uploaded to your Web site. Media generally refers to any
type of media posted to the community. Media could be graphics, video,
documents, and any other form of media that might get posted in a media
gallery or embedded/attached to a post.
Your access to media files and media file functionality is dependent
upon your user permissions. For example, you must have the create post
permission to load files to a media gallery or the download permission
to download files to a post. If you have any questions
about accessibility to the media file functionalities, contact your
The Using File Galleries section of the User's Guide describes the common file gallery functionalities available to you. This section contains the following articles:
- Email subscribe to this media gallery item - Receive email notifications when users comment on a media gallery item.
- General descriptions of file gallery functions - Learn about sending a file gallery link to another user; viewing a slide show, or subscribing to an RSS feed of this gallery.
- Sort media files - Organize the media files by name, number of downloads, views, ratings, or comments.
- Subscribe to a media RSS feed
- Create a subscription feed to a gallery using Live Bookmarks,
Outlook, Bloglines, Yahoo, Google, or another application you specify.