Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Advertising

sandra

Registered
Hello, I would like to know regarding advertising unit for rent, other than Rent fast, Kijiji and rent sign, do you have any other effective methods to get your property notice.
What is the pro and con if tenant want to open a dayhome in the property, any liability that landlord should be aware.
Thanks,
Sandra

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
No, those methods of advertising are sufficient. Marginal return for the time in other methods aren't worth it. If you have pricing, incentives, pictures, copy right you will fill your units.

Well it is a business run out of a residential property so you will need to look into the special insurance that the tenant will need to provide. Call up your property insurance provider. Also, call the city and see what permits, licences, ect. are required. In most cases, I wouldn't want that kind of activity and wear in my homes. What is in it for you? Hopefully better than $100 / month. ... maybe $500 as a starting point? Not sure if anyone else has allowed this.

Martin1968

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
The above post is spot on regarding advertising.

As far as day home in your rental property, Personally I would not allow that. Have it specifically laid out in lease agreement any type of home business must need landlords written approval. There are situations where a home bizz is not a big deal however a daycare would be a big deal due to wear as well as disturbance of quiet enjoyment of other tenants you may have, or simply a disturbance the neighbourhood your rental is in.
I'm not knowledgable on the insurance issue but would think it's something that needs to be looked into. Hope that helps.

sandra

Registered
Thanks for all replies, I have turned them down due to the liabilities and complicate issue.

Top Bottom