Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Attention Builders

JROC

Registered
Hi,

Approx how much to build SFH per SQFT in the South Surrey / Langley area? Looking at the MID range. I know a lot of things go into costs but just looking for an average cost per square foot to build.
With talking to some friends I was told approx $145 - $160 a foot x 4000 sqft home = $580,000 - $640,000?

Thanks

Caleb West

Multi Family Commercial|Collaborative Office|
Registered
What's are the specifications, I've done houses at $130/sq to $230/sq all depends on selections.
Mid spec is subjective to everyone you ask.
I can help you build a spec list from our standard new build rental criteria that you can present to several local builders so you can compare apples to apples.
Let me know

[email protected]

TangoWhiskey

Registered
Go to Altus cost guide to get your figures for cost/sq ft in markets across Canada to build for all property types. Excellent pdf resource that should be more widely circulated.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Hi,

With talking to some friends I was told approx $145 - $160 a foot x 4000 sqft home = $580,000 - $640,000?

Thanks

Low end starts at $120/foot all the way to $600+/ft for high end homes PLUS old house removal (if any), drawings, engineering, approvals, servicing, lot and soft costs. DCCs alone might be $100,000 a lot if a new sub-division in many major cities in Canada.

What is on the lot today ? Is it serviced ? DCCs paid ? Bungalow or two storey ? Basement or on slab or on screw piles ? If basement, basement finished or walkout ? A kit hen alone could be $10,000 or $250,000 - what do you envision here ? Double or triple pane windows ? Fancy exterior rock work ? Cheap veranda or one for $50,000 ? How many bathrooms ? How many bedrooms ?

The price quoted sounds about right for a very basic home with minimal basement upgrades and two stories, plus all the drawings, engineering, permits and soft costs.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Low end starts at $120/foot all the way to $600+/ft for high end homes PLUS old house removal (if any), drawings, engineering, approvals, servicing, lot and soft costs. DCCs alone might be $100,000 a lot if a new sub-division in many major cities in Canada.

What is on the lot today ? Is it serviced ? DCCs paid ? Bungalow or two storey ? Basement or on slab or on screw piles ? If basement, basement finished or walkout ? A kitchen alone could be $10,000 or $250,000 - what do you envision here ? Double or triple pane windows ? Fancy exterior rock work ? Cheap veranda or one for $50,000 ? How many bathrooms ? How many bedrooms ? Vaulted ceilings ? Fancy wood on ceiling or drywall ? A/C or just basic electric baseboard heaters ?

The price quoted sounds about right for a very basic home with minimal basement upgrades and two stories, with a flat lot with no house on it and services already there, DCCs paid, plus all the drawings, engineering, permits and soft costs.

Generally speaking, one creates drawings first, then creates a list of desired specs, then shops this around to various builders. Sub $150/ft is a very very basic house with zero upgrades. Zero. I'd budget at least $200 to get something decent.

TangoWhiskey

Registered
I agree with Thomas' figure of 200/sq ft all in for something that will appeal to the end buyer. I just finished an 18 unit townhouse and apt development that mostly involved gutting and renovating existing townhouses and separately creating 8 new apts in existing structures. 200 $/sq ft is approx what we spent on the new apts.

Top Bottom