Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Buying a vacant lot with a dwelling on it?

Luc

New Forum Member
Registered
I inquired about a lot for sale, and the owner is telling me he is selling it as vacant land even though there is a small cottage on it. I asked the owner why he is selling it as vacant land and he stated its because the cottage is run down. I told him I would prefer he sell it as a seasonal recreational lot, to obtain a better financing with the bank and save on HST. Can he even legally sell it as a vacant lot? If he doesnt change his mind, would I be able to hire an appraiser who could confirm and inform the bank there is an existing dwelling and therefore secure a better deal with financing and save on HST? Thanks

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
He can sell the house/cottage as is, where is without any warranties. Then you can decide to renovate it or tear it down. Explain that to him.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
He can sell the house/cottage as is, where is without any warranties. Then you can decide to renovate it or tear it down. Explain that to him.

Top Bottom