Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Canadian Real Estate Investment in the Arab Media

MichelSelim

REIN Member
I found this fascinating report in some international Arab newspaper Asharq Al-Awsat (http://www.aawsat.com/default.asp) on investing in the Canadian Real Estate. The report focuses specifically on Alberta and Calgary. It says that the housing price correction in Canada will be marginal excluding Calgary that will see an increase in prices.
Here is the link to the original article:
http://www.aawsat.com/details.asp?section=47&issueno=12289&article=687286&search=%DF%E4%CF%C7&state=true
Attached files

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Thanks .. I wish I could read Arabic.

What does it say about oilsands and Edmonton ?

Why does it say the price correction will be marginal ?

What other countries are mentioned ?

bizaro86

Registered
I don't speak Arabic either, but I put it through google translate and this is what I got:

Canada is one of the world's largest space and the highest standard of living. In the latest report issued by the German real estate research firm ÂAmboris came to the city of Toronto build the largest proportion of residential buildings among all cities in North and South America. And rises in the skyline of Toronto 132 residential building of the type ÂcondoÂ, which includes apartments integrated services, and that building compared with 88 in Mexico City and 86 buildings in New York. Canadian cities still fall within the scope of real estate markets booming, but Mark Carney of the Bank of Canada warns that some areas suffering from a mini-bubble in the market because their prices above the market rates are acceptable, while other areas provide good opportunities and prices stable.

He advised the foreign investor wants to study the areas where the investment carefully before entering the market, and adds that the Canadian economy has a high proportion of consumer debt, though the economic situation which is not the seriousness of the situation in the United States. Carney and share with other experts in the stand-up market in Canada real estate, but he does not worry about the economic situation because the Canadian banks were not involved in funding for the random drug as did some U.S. banks. It refers to the city of Vancouver, which hosted the Winter Olympics in 2010 as one of the weaker Canadian cities real estate at the present time because it suffers from the surplus of real estate that was built in the past . Therefore, he expects some decline in the price of Vancouver real estate.

وBut the situation is different in Toronto, where A report of a body of experts that the property in the city in 2011 was the second best year in real estate in the city in terms of sales with a volume of about 90 thousand units real estate, up four percent from sales in 2010. The average price of the property in the city, about 466 thousand dollars, up eight per cent on prices in 2010. Chairman of the Commission is expected to Jason Mercer, continued growth in the current year. Mercer is expected to average prices of up to 485 thousand dollars in 2012, representing a small percentage of the growth of not more than four per cent on the prices of last year. But this analysis does not take into account the economic problems may reflect Canada from other parts of the world.

He thinks the real estate Canadian Brendan Weir Canada that provide good opportunities for international investors and give it a relatively cheap compared to the competition from other Western cities. Ware and confirms that most real estate transactions at the present time is one of the foreign investors are buying for investment and not to stay. The benefit of the foreign investor in Canada, prices are reasonable compared with other countries in the world.

And accepts foreigners to buy Canadian real estate to their children who are learning in Canadian universities and schools. The benefit of these price increases after several years and graduated with the children. And range in size real estate investment in Toronto apartments between $ 200 thousand and two million dollars They choose locations close to the heart of the city and metro stations and local markets.

وOne of the biggest new projects in the Toronto project ÂTrump TowerÂ, the first project by an investor Donald Trump in Canada. The project brings together five-star hotel and a range of luxury apartments. The tower overlooks the city center and also on Lake Ontario, which rises 60 floors. Offering residential real estate units and also units of housing for the hotel investment, the project has been sold so far 261 apartments and 118 apartments. And many of the buyers in the project were foreigners who attract them to the project name Trump. Â. And the multiplicity of sales management in the project about 20 nationalities to foreign investors in the ÂTrump TowerÂ.

And confirms the real estate marketing agent in the city named Sam Mikdadi that most of his customers come from Russia, China and the Middle East, and adds that he Mikdadi recently sold a property at $ 28 million. He believes that most foreign buyers prefer large independent real estate which is located on the outskirts of the city. And chooses many of these high-end in the city suburbs such as Mississauga and Oakville, which reaches the price of the property independent area of ​​five to six thousand square feet, to between three and five million dollars. . The rising prices of these real estate overlooking the sea to ten million dollars. He does not expect a decline in prices in the foreseeable future, and says: ÂI do not expect a big increase in prices not fallen toÂ. . And contribute to the support prices limited supplies of luxury real estate and also a record low interest rate.

And reflects the strength of the real estate sector the Canadian Director of the company ÂSotheby's auction real estate in Canada, Ross McCready ..ا الأسعار إلى مليوني دولار. It refers to the pockets of real estate in Canadian cities such as Yorkville in Toronto and Vancouver in the West Side where prices of up to two million dollars.

He advised foreign buyers to buy outside the big cities where good real estate opportunities are still available. . There is a first-class real estate overlooking the beach or ski resorts on the ice, at prices not exceeding one million dollars.

Says Mike Botao, and sales agent in the company ÂFirst Place Realty The Canadian real estate in the province of Galgare ((Maybe they mean Calgary here??) rose in the first half of this year by almost one per cent.pan> The major Canadian cities recorded increases superior the last six months stood at 5.5 per cent in Toronto and 4.4 per cent in Winnipeg, and 4.3 per cent in the city Rigaana. But real estate in the Victoria area prices have decreased the past six months by 3.2 per cent.

And distinction this year, financial market stability and the low proportion of borrowers in arrears on their mortgage payments. . The proportion of delays from 0.65 per cent to 0.63 per cent, a good percentage less than the prevailing rates in other Western markets.On the other hand, warned a report from the Federation of Canadian Municipalities scarcity of properties available for rent.. The report noted the difficulty of rental properties in Canada in recent months, since most of the available real estate is busy, with no new investment in rental real estate-oriented. The chairwoman of the Union Karen Apovica Investment in new property will provide jobs for thousands of Canadians and gives seekers a place to live the option of leasing rather than purchase, and removes some pressure from the markets of mortgage lending, which represents at present 68 per cent of household debt in Canada.

The report says the seriousness of the paucity of available properties for rent, at a time when Canadians of rising property prices and the inability to enter the market as new buyers. And stresses the statistics of the 27 areas that Canadian wages fall relative to the high cost of living for families, which increased the cost of property ownership three times the increase in wages since 2005. . At the same time, the number of properties available for rent and wages increased by 20 per cent. And one third of Canadians depends on rent instead of purchase, but the new housing projects go to ownership and not rental and 90 per cent at least.

. A report from the Canadian Foundation ÂTDÂ The expectations of the property in 2013 Canadian show variation between regions, according to the economic achievement of each. . The report pointed to the area of ​​resource-rich Alberta, and is expected to lead the growth trends in the region's real estate market in Canada.. But the report is expected end of the rising real estate in Canada during 2013 and influenced by some Canadian cities this negatively.Of the most important cities that are considered by the report are denominated in more than worth now; both Vancouver and Toronto, Ontario.The report predicted that the response of other regions in Canada for the marginal price correction, with the exception of Alberta, which will increase the prices due to higher share of its contribution to the gross national product of Canada.It is expected to increase prices in this area by about three per cent during 2012 and 2013.

And expects the financial resources that the Canadian Bank of or: #ffff00;">Canada does not raise interest rates prevailing until 2013 .. This is due to several reasons; of which policy the U.S. Federal Reserve that encourage economic activity by facilitating borrowing in the U.S. and non-sparkling economic performance of Canada this year and new rules governing the provision of mortgage loans so that there will be no need to use interest rates as a tool in this sector of the market.

MichelSelim

REIN Member
[quote user=ThomasBeyer]Thanks .. I wish I could read Arabic.

What does it say about oilsands and Edmonton ?

Why does it say the price correction will be marginal ?

What other countries are mentioned ?

Hi Thomas,

The report, or maybe the article, doesn't go that far to mention anything about oilsands or Edmonton. it doesn't explain either as why the housing prices correction in Canada would be marginal. The one little section that I highlighted in yellow towards the end of the article says: considering Albert's contribution to the GDP, prices are expected to rise by 3% in 2012 and 2013.

MichelSelim

REIN Member
Good job on the translation Bizarro!! :)

- I tried to find the original report on the Internet, rather than the article about it, but no luck. it seems that the spelling of this German organization "Amboris" might be wrong; hence I couldn't track it down.

- I like the subtext I read in this article/report. It tells those oil rich people where in the world can they put their money to good investment.

- you are right: the misspelled word in the translation is indeed Calgary. They call it "the province of Calgary" LOL

:)

What a great feeling to read a report on the real estate investment in your city "the province of Calgary" in some news paper across the world from you. WOOT!!!

Rickson9

Registered
Nobody can explain why a future correction will be marginal or massive because it's all opinion and everybody has an opinion. Speaking for myself, all opinions of the future are a waste of my time. I'm biased against opinions about the future because I don't believe that the future is predictable in any practical sense. But that's just me.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user=Rickson9] I'm biased against opinions about the future because I don't believe that the future is predictable in any practical sense.
any sensible person has to have some assumptions (or opinions) about the future, such as:

a) the sun will rise tomorrow

b) it will rain in some parts of the world

c) the temperature will be very similar (and not -40 in Hawaii where it is currently +28)

d) banks will lend money at about the same rate as yesterday

e) kids will be born

f) people will die

g) Saudi Arabia will produce oil

h) people will buy & then drive cars

plus 200+ other assumptions (more probably)

etc. ..

In your case, investing around Phoenix, AZ in houses below $80,000, let me surmise you have the following explicit, or intuitive assumptions why you invest there:

1) I am in my thirties and will live a few more years, likely decades .. love to have assets that cash-flow and that I can sell if I need some serious cash

2) AZ is besides CA .. and will always be besides CA and people move to AZ from CA, Mexico and elsewhere

3) AZ is safer than Mexico and more desirable to live, so folks will immigrate (legally or illegally) to AZ

4) Not everyone wants to own a house or can afford a mortgage so I will always have a source of renters

5) property taxes will not go up 40 fold (or even 2 fold) so that my rent will not cover mu main expense, property taxes

6) the US $ will not crash down to 10 cents Canadian so as a Canadian it makes sense to invest in US $s

7) Phoenix will not have an earthquake nor a tsunami so will be around in 2020 or 2030

8) Phoenix will grow and people will want to move there for a variety of reasons: safety, jobs, kids, more sun than WA or OR or NY, warmer than AB or ON or NY or WA

9) house prices are as low as they can go due to land cost, land servicing cost and cost of construction and will go up in time

10) the AZ government or the county won't expropriate my land or if they do, they will pay me reasonable "fair market value" compensation

11) Mexico won't invade AZ and take it over

12) there will not be a nuclear explosion in my backyard rendering it worthless

etc. ..

If you are an investor I would argue the ONLY question I have to ask you is "what is your opinion on the future" to gauge if your investments make sense or not.

housingrental

Registered
Thomas - When I first looked at your post I thought it was another copy and paste special you often do - I was happy to see it wasn't - I want to thank you as I especially enjoyed:

I am in my thirties and will live a few more years, likely decade ..
love to have assets that cash-flow and that I can sell if I need some
serious cash

Top Bottom