Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CBC Report on OG Layoffs, tonight at 6

jason

Registered
I heard that there was some HR people on CBC radio this morning talking about all the layoffs in O&G due to low natural gas prices and lower drilling activity... I didn`t catch it, but they`re apparently having a news item about it on CBC tonight at 6pm (in Calgary I assume). They said that the layoffs will likely increase and that the oilsands aren`t picking up the slack.

If someone catches it could they share what they say here for everyone? I`ll probably be at work so I won`t be able to see it. Just want to see if they have any real numbers.

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
This is exactly what we have been warning everyone about for the last 12 months. Gas EXPLORATION is a very cyclical industry. No surprises here, and with Alberta`s job growth continuing, these workers will be absorbed into the workforce over the coming months (if they want it). Many are deciding that they want to take a few winter months off and travel as they have been working so hard over the previous 2 years.

Another reason why we tell investors not to invest in one horse towns unless they are prepared to ride the cycles.

Top Bottom