Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Celebrating second Multi Family sale and establishing track record!

Cory Sperle

REIN Member
Hi, since this is my favorite forum on this site, I am pleased and proud to add my own story. After 14 years of investing in real estate the track record is starting to come together. After purchasing/selling singles and duplexes we ventured into multi family and purchased two apartment buildings, in 2008 and 2010 solely with our own capital. We have now sold both buildings for significant profit.

Building #1, 12 suiter in Saskatchewan, purchased for $350,000 in 2008. Renovated and raised rents about 75% and sold for $579,000 exactly 3 years later in 2011. Value appreciation of over 65% during some pretty tough economic times.

Building #2, 11 suiter in Edmonton, purchased for $1,018,000 in 2010. held for 4 years making modest renovations and tenant improvement, and has just sold for $1,331,000. Value appreciation of over 30% in 4 years.

With these two transactions in the books, and literally putting all our eggs in these two baskets, the education/focus strategy has paid off and I feel in the position to start doing joint ventures on my own. We purchases a 15 suite building in 2012 in Edmonton with close family, and now plan to start buying more.

This road has been enjoying, but not easy and very often extremely challenging. It would not have been possible without many of the folks on this site, and many others. Thomas Beyer, my first joint venture partner for setting me on this course, and teaching me patience, and more patience. All of the realtors, property managers, and many other REIN folks I have met over the years, and will meet in the years to come. I wish everyone success in their future endeavours and happy investing!

Cory

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Congratulations Cory !!

Action .. And then patience is the name of the game !

Well done , my friend !

Cory Sperle

REIN Member
Thanks Thomas and Dan. I have definitely learned saying and doing are two different things! Finally having some traction is a good feeling going forward. Cory

TroyTravis

Registered
Great work. It's inspiring for me to read about. Maybe one day I will get into the larger properties. Definitely in the dog days of summer right now, not really focusing too much on real estate lately.

Cory Sperle

REIN Member
Thanks Troy, yes dog days of summer. Funny to mention that, the last good deal I found was in July of 2012, so you never know when or where a good deal will present itself, the hardest part for me was to act when you knew the deal was the right one. Cheers!

TAMI

Registered
thank you for sharing , its great inspiration for me !

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
Congratulations Cory! That's a great story! Good luck to you in your future endeavours

brendaco

Registered
Congratulations!

This is a great story, good luck on future purchases.

Brenda

Top Bottom