Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Condo not selling

Torey

Registered
Hi everyone,

I`m a former REIN member who is trying to sell a condo on behalf of a family member. I`ve had it appraised and looked at comparables so I`m fairly confident I`m in the right price range. The necessary `lipstick and rouge` has been completed and overall, I feel like this is an attractive piece of real estate, complete with city views and a good locale. Yet despite all this, I`m not getting any bites.

So far, I`ve advertised with Comfree and Calgary`s kijiji. I`m wondering where else I could advertise or what else I could do to generate more interest in this property?

Thanks for your time,

Torey

bizaro86

Registered
QUOTE (Torey @ Jun 15 2010, 04:24 PM) Hi everyone,

I`m a former REIN member who is trying to sell a condo on behalf of a family member. I`ve had it appraised and looked at comparables so I`m fairly confident I`m in the right price range. The necessary `lipstick and rouge` has been completed and overall, I feel like this is an attractive piece of real estate, complete with city views and a good locale. Yet despite all this, I`m not getting any bites.

So far, I`ve advertised with Comfree and Calgary`s kijiji. I`m wondering where else I could advertise or what else I could do to generate more interest in this property?

Thanks for your time,

Torey

Hello,

Why not post a link to the ad so folks can take a look at your copywriting? There are some folks on here that write a great ad, so if that`s the problem you might be able to get some help. I would also imagine you might not be getting enough exposure. I would say in Calgary welist.com gets more business than comfree, and kijiji is kijiji, so you might need to step up your advertising. You could always get one of the discount MLS type places to put it up for you.

Or it could just be the price. That`s always my gut feel with this situation, but with no info to go on its hard to say.

Michael

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Forget comfree, welist or kijiji for serious real estate buyers !

It`ll attract only low ball offers .. At best .. And is known for assets that are overpriced !

Hire a professional realtor [including exposure on MLS] that knows the area and condos .. And it will sell if priced properly !

2ndstory

Registered
QUOTE (ThomasBeyer @ Jun 15 2010, 08:43 PM) Forget comfree, welist or kijiji for serious real estate buyers !

It`ll attract only low ball offers .. At best .. And is known for assets that are overpriced !

Hire a professional realtor that knows the area and condos .. And it will sell if priced properly !

What he said.

Nik

DaveRhydderch

Registered
Selling a condo in Calgary is tough right now. You`ll face a number of problems:

1. There is a supply and demand issue (high supply, low demand).

2. Condo buyers are typically first time home buyers. They rarely buy without agents. Are you offering commission to a buying agent?

3. You mention comps. Are you comparing your condo to properties listed or properties sold?

If you want suggestions on how to market a condo, go to my website www.calgarycondoreport.com and go under the sellers tab. If you decide to list with an agent, I`d be more than happy to help.

Good luck.

Dave

Berubeland

Registered
You might try putting up a sign on the building bulletin board, putting an ad in the paper in the real estate section, craigslist.

Top Bottom