Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cost of a bailiff

kir

Registered
Hi,
Does anybody know what the big deal is about getting a bailiff?
For example, the minimim fee is 750 for using Consolidated Civil Enforcement Agency.
I hired them last week for 1 hour and all they did was go to the door to serve the papers (less then 1 hour).

This is pretty good pay for the bailiff. But what is the big deal???

Kir.

kir

Registered
I`m in Edmonton, AB.
The cost seems to be too high for actual services they perform.

Kir.

RedlineBrett

Registered
QUOTE (kir @ Jul 13 2010, 04:26 PM) Hi,
Does anybody know what the big deal is about getting a bailiff?
For example, the minimim fee is 750 for using Consolidated Civil Enforcement Agency.
I hired them last week for 1 hour and all they did was go to the door to serve the papers (less then 1 hour).

This is pretty good pay for the bailiff. But what is the big deal???

Kir.

They definitely do a lot more than that. Didn`t you ask before you hired them?

what exactly is it you have hired them to do?

kir

Registered
I hired them to enforce the writ of possession. The retaining fee was 750. However, I called it off since the renter agreed to pay for July`s rent and then leave at the end of the month.
Once you call off the bailiff, they don`t stay for the few hours that it normally takes them too. Hence, services were reduced. However, just today, I was reimbursed a few hundred...

So I spoke to soon... Consolidated Civil Enforcement Inc. is good in my books...If you do an eviction, use them.

Kir.

creditinfocanada

Registered
Bailiffs are privatized in Alberta and there are only a handful of them out there.

If you run into problems certainly you can give us a call. C.I.C. is an industry partner of REIN and we have many affiliates that work in conjuntion with us that deal with evictions as well as we can deal with the applications are rates that have be worked out by REIN.

RebeccaBryan

Registered
QUOTE (creditinfocanada @ Jul 20 2010, 12:57 PM) Bailiffs are privatized in Alberta and there are only a handful of them out there.

If you run into problems certainly you can give us a call. C.I.C. is an industry partner of REIN and we have many affiliates that work in conjuntion with us that deal with evictions as well as we can deal with the applications are rates that have be worked out by REIN.

We just used a bailiff that you recommended Chris, and he worked out fantastic. He charged us a $500 retainer and then returned $98 so it only cost us about $400. Impressive.

mcilroy

Registered
QUOTE (RebeccaBryan @ Jul 20 2010, 04:56 PM) We just used a bailiff that you recommended Chris, and he worked out fantastic. He charged us a $500 retainer and then returned $98 so it only cost us about $400. Impressive.

I find that I am need of a baliff as well and this is my first time. Rebecca, who did you use? Thanks,
Kelly

Top Bottom