Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Credibility Trust

BradHillier

Registered
Hi Folks, i`ve been reading over Don`s "Real Estate Investing In Canada" for the best part of the day. I`ve also been reading through the forums.

To get involved in this business takes a big sum of money.

My question is how can you check the backgrounds for all the JV proposals from the various companies on this forum?

I did look up REIN on BBB and it looks favorable but not very detailed. However, some investment companies on this board didn`t show up on BBB.

All the best,
Brad

BMironov

Registered
QUOTE (BradHillier @ Oct 16 2007, 10:44 PM) Hi Folks, i`ve been reading over Don`s "Real Estate Investing In Canada" for the best part of the day. I`ve also been reading through the forums.

To get involved in this business takes a big sum of money.

My question is how can you check the backgrounds for all the JV proposals from the various companies on this forum?

I did look up REIN on BBB and it looks favorable but not very detailed. However, some investment companies on this board didn`t show up on BBB.

All the best,
Brad

Hi Brad,

What is "BBB"?

Best regards,
Boris

BradHillier

Registered
QUOTE (BMironov @ Oct 16 2007, 08:56 PM) Hi Brad,

What is "BBB"?

Best regards,
Boris

Better Business Bureau, maybe i should of called it CCBBB - The Canadian Council of Better Business Bureaus.
style_emoticons

BradHillier

Registered
I`m still head on in the book and i`m very happy i picked up a copy of "Real Estate Investing In Canada".

While i didn`t like alot of the behaviour and PMA stuff in the first part of the book - mainly i believe because i`ve read alot of Covey`s stuff, which i recommend to anyone - i just wanted to learn about real estate investing.

I`m getting VERY interested in this business and the integrity displayed in the book is really nice to see. I never did have a problem with straight talk.
style_emoticons

After looking over some of the things you should round up for a banker i was wondering about Net Worth. Mine is rather modest simply because i don`t own anything or have any RRSP`s. However, i do have a modest amount of cashflow and low credit payments, i don`t even pay on a car.

When i get on the oilpatch in another few weeks i will be making 6-8K per mth though.

How important is Net Worth? How much should i have to get started? Ballpark of course. I`ve been looking over the CMHC and Genworth programs about insured mortages.

Hope to join the REIN membership sometime the fall. Awesome stuff!

All the best,
Brad

MikeMcCrae

Registered
It doesn`t always take lots of money. CMHC`s new 100% finance on rental properties is now out.

Top Bottom