Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Criminal record check/ investment fraud

David8043

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Is it possible to get an official criminal record check without the person's consent or knowledge? Police say that person has to come in themselves in person to get a check done. Someone I know invested in a deal. I believe that his partner has been convicted multiple times of fraud, (and this deal is another fraud). Ideally I would like to get a printout of his convictions, even if I have to pay a fee. I could then warn my acquaintance and have something tangible that backs up what I am telling him. A google search of the other partners name did not bring up any news stories about him.

kfort

Registered
Court of Queens bench search. You'll need correct legal name

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Is it possible to get an official criminal record check without the person's consent or knowledge? Police say that person has to come in themselves in person to get a check done. Someone I know invested in a deal. I believe that his partner has been convicted multiple times of fraud, (and this deal is another fraud). Ideally I would like to get a printout of his convictions, even if I have to pay a fee. I could then warn my acquaintance and have something tangible that backs up what I am telling him. A google search of the other partners name did not bring up any news stories about him.
What Province?

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
For British Columbia:
Court Services Online provides access to the public court record including the Provincial Court ticket records and Provincial Court criminal records. Most of the records displayed in this site are traffic offences or criminal code offences. Some offences are municipal bylaw offences
or offences under provincial or federal Acts, such as the Fisheries Act. Not all the offences identified as (P,A) are criminal code offences.

Click HERE

David8043

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
I have been very tardy in posting a follow up. I was waiting to see how things played out. The province is Alberta. The criminal record check at Court of Queens Bench did work. The partner has been convicted of fraud in the past. It is going badly for my friend. There are also other money partners. At this time I cannot go into any more detail. My friend is dealing with the police, and we don't want the fraud artist to find out some roundabout way that the victims are on to him, and skip town. (He has not been charged or arrested yet).

Top Bottom