Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dealing with disturbing tenants of a neighbouring property

Myra

New Forum Member
Registered
we have a neighbouring four plex purchased by a working centre which has really bad tenants ( using drugs, alcohol) and there is high traffic of people there which disturbs our tenants and all neighbourhood. Police is called couple times a week and they cannot do anything about it.

We have had numerous talks with the working centre stuff and they said they are working on the issue, but bad tenants are replaced by even worse ones.
any suggestions if we and neighbourhood have any power to change this situation ( push working centre sell this house...)

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
I would go to the mayor and city council and send a firm letter stating that you are an investor and that the city is negligent in enforcing bylaws and appears to be anti-investment and anti-law abiding residents. That may do the trick. I used this in Red Deer many years ago when I had a similar situation. After the letter the police showed up in force and boom .. no more Rottweilers and noise and drugs. Mayor places one phone call to the police chief and problem solved.

Last edited:

Myra

New Forum Member
Registered
I would go to the mayor and city council and send a firm letter stating that you are an investor and that the city is negligent in enforcing bylaws and anti-investment. That may do the trick. I used this in Red Deer many years ago when I had a similar situation.
Thank you Thomas for a suggestion! We are going to try it.

Top Bottom