Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do you Tweet?

ChrisMewhort

Registered
Hey guys,I know a couple of you are Twitterbug`s, but wondered how many others are here and tweet on a daily basis. Do you use it to discuss Real Estate Investing?

If so, feel free to mention #REIN

I don`t expect a huge response, but for those of us who use the technology we might as well commence our #REIN
takeover

Kind regards,

Chris

CarlaJohnson

Registered
Hey Chris, I`m on Twitter!

I`m "Carla Johnson."

For those new to Twitter, Twitter is a fairly simple site that helps people stay connected. It is a lot less work to manage than Facebook & I am on both. The # sign is a hashtag. I`m still learning the site, but using it helps us find each other if we opt in to that feature.

ChrisMewhort

Registered
Oops, I guess an explanation for those who aren`t up to speed on it. Twitter - It`s micro-blogging! You have 140 characters per post, it`s an extremely active community of posters who update their daily activities. Generally when people get started they mention anything they`re doing. Eg.

"I wonder why Save-On Foods carrots are yellow!" or
"This porridge is excellent!"

but as you `mature` on the site, you realize how powerful it can be when connecting people by the use of #hashtags (hashtags allow users to add filters which they can monitor) and by prefixing usernames with @at_signs (which direct responses specifically to the user)

It`s not for everyone, and I`m certain that most people on here are happy to stay away, but us techno-geeks are always looking for new ways to communicate so I wanted to mention it and see what kind of a following we have in the community.

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (CarlaJohnson @ Mar 22 2009, 06:21 PM) Hey Chris, I`m on Twitter!

I`m "Carla Johnson."

For those new to Twitter, Twitter is a fairly simple site that helps people stay connected. It is a lot less work to manage than Facebook & I am on both. The # sign is a hashtag. I`m still learning the site, but using it helps us find each other if we opt in to that feature.

@carlajohnson?

REINteam

Registered
For those of you that are on Facebook, REIN actually has 2 official pages...

Fanpage:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/R...ork/48412761504

Group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2388649312&ref=mf

Once we develop a decent fan base on there, we`ll be able to send out updates to everyone about events, promotions, Habitat for Humanity updates, publications, etc. For those of you that are are Facebook - I`ve included the links to our pages that you can join and receive updates from the REIN Team.

SLBRealEstate

Registered
I`ve just signed up today - a real newbie.

I`m going to ping a couple of you to see how this thing works, if that`s OK.

PS - I still don`t get the hashmarks. Would I enter in #REIN in the find people search bar?

PSS - I think my name is @Stephen_White
( I think that`s how you reference me )

If someone could give it a try, that would be cool.

Steve

markl

Registered
on your directory you forgot the e in my last name I am Mark_LoEffler

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (markl @ Mar 28 2009, 07:20 AM) on your directory you forgot the e in my last name I am Mark_LoEffler

Fixed, sorry about that Mark.

ChrisDavies

Registered
It`s been a while since I updated the Unofficial REIN Twitter Directory, so let`s get things rolling again.

Since the original version we`ve seen a bunch of REIN staff join (including Don, Russell and Patrick), several regular presenters and a lot more members. There`s a form on the page you can use and I`ll add you to the list.

I`m also creating some Twitter lists for the new tweets out there to follow some classy and interesting folks. I`m there too.

REINteam

Registered
Chris, this is another great tool for our REIN members and I really appreciate you taking initiative on something like this. Let`s see if we can can get people excited about Twitter because aside from allowing people to get great content out to the masses, it`s going to allow us to build mini-relationships external to the myREINspace forums.

Be sure to follow @REINCANADA for insights into real estate and to stay up to the minute on REIN events and deals.

Follow @DonRCampbell for the direct link to Canada`s leading Real Estate expert.

Get out there and get tweeting! And be sure to follow all the members listed in Chris` directory...

PeterKinchMortgageTeam

Registered
I`m there @peterkinch.comQUOTE (ChrisMewhort @ Mar 22 2009, 03:37 PM) Hey guys,

I know a couple of you are Twitterbug`s, but wondered how many others are here and tweet on a daily basis. Do you use it to discuss Real Estate Investing?

If so, feel free to mention #REIN

I don`t expect a huge response, but for those of us who use the technology we might as well commence our #REIN
takeover

Kind regards,

Chris

Top Bottom