Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Earn extra profits by renting your roof?

kablett

REIN Member
Hello REIN friends,
I`m interested in this topic for 4 reasons that may be of interest to you:
1. Anything that we can do as investors to earn additional income from our properties can both enhance our short term cash flow and increase the valuations of our properties, so I love the concept of creating a new income stream using the square footage available on my roof!
2. Urban, micro-grid renewable energy systems are less a matter of `if`, and rapidly becoming more a question of `when`. As investors, it would behoove us to be among the frontrunners to profit from the coming opportunities in rooftop energy production leases.
3. As an investor with a good portfolio, I am personally interested in earning extra income by optioning and or leasing out the roof tops on my various commercial and residential properties to interested parties.
4. If you are interested in optioning or leasing the roof space on your commercial, multi-family, or residential building for future renewable energy development, please drop me a line on this forum, or at [email protected].

I am currently working with a company that is interested in leasing and optioning well situated rooftop locations across Canada.
Ideal locations should offer a minimum available space of at least 500 sq.ft with good southern and/or windy exposure. The taller the building, the better.
We cannot promise you that your site will be selected, but we can promise to open a dialogue with you regarding your site and its potential for additional income generation.

At these early stages in the industry, lease options for rooftops are not hugely valuable, but I can foresee these leases increasing in value as good sites begin to get developed and become more difficult to find.

Roof top leases and lease options can be structured in a number of ways:

1. The developer pays a one-time fee for an option to lease the roof between now and some future date. (very low risk, upfront reward)
2. The landlord leases the roof for a fixed rate annually, for a fixed number of years much like any other lease. (lower risk, lower reward)
3. The landlord leases the roof without a fixed rate but opting instead for a percentage of the production profits (higher risk, higher reward).

Other considerations up for negotiation may include:
- Access to the property (24/7 or set times)
- Length of the lease/option
- Profit sharing component
- Capital Asset co-ownership options
- Noise/vibration considerations
- Municipal Bylaws

I am currently testing the waters to see what appetite exists from the REIN group to earn additional income through a deal structure such as this.

Please contact me if you are interested in participating.

Living the dream,

Kevin

Jana

Registered
Hi Kevin
Sounds like an interesting project you`re working on, I`d like to find out more. Feel free to call me at 668-8883. Thanks

CarlaJohnson

Registered
This is very interesting. Is this happening at all - or any time soon - in Ontario?

Cheers!

Carla

Top Bottom