Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fan of HGTV? Watch my webisode!

MatPiche

Registered
Hi,

Just made a webisode on a project I did for a fellow REIN members property. I had a business renovating properties strictly for investors and am also a realtor with RE/MAX in KW. Feel free to give feedback. I am always looking to connect with investors in KW to work with. Tell me what you think, hope to see you at REIN meetings!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyOdndVbvcc

Pheenix

REIN Member
Hey Mat

Liked the video, especially the use of speeding it up, our tolerance for watching is low, my (and I'm not an expert) own thought is 2 minutes max unless ultra engaging.

Some other general comments;

may want to rethink your audience, if DYI some critical info missing, if investors probably a little too much info,

intro, driving through town part could probably be shorter, not suggesting to cut it entirely,

if marketing your services the 'before and after' work really well,

if you are good at the editting you may want to do a voice over rather than have the echo of the kitchen,

These is just a quick critique and I want to assure you that you have done far better than I could do, and applaud your adoption of the medium.

Well done.

MatPiche

Registered
Hey Brad,

Thanks for the comment! It is a bit hard to hit several target audiences with adding more info, or less etc. It was my first time doing a video like this and I did it all myself with my iphone, haha. Again, thanks for the critics and I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

kingdave

REIN Member
Excellent video Mat. I like the DIY instruction, you made it look real easy.

Looking forward to your next video,

Dave

housingrental

Registered
Hi Mat

Good post from Mr. Pheenix - follow his advice

To add to it - I'm assuming you are targeting listings or buyer clients as a realtor - not handyman jobs - correct or ?

If so I'd add a segment on how your technical knowledge can add value to your clients beyond what other realtors can provide, such as when examining properties / advising on what reno's to do / budgets etc...

MatPiche

Registered
Thanks for all the comments guys! All things I am working on right now on my next one. Thanks again!

angelapeng

Registered
Great Video, Mat. Thanks for sharing.

One question: for investment property, in terms of return on money, is it better to lay the tile directly on top of the old tile, or strip the old one and then lay the new one on top of it. How long does it take you to install all the tiles, and cost?

Thanks.

MatPiche

Registered
If the tile or vinyl flooring is secure to the subfloor, you can lay these tiles directly over top. You can buy them at home depot. The grout is a specific type for this tile and is silicone based so it can move with the tiles without cracking.

That floor took me 1 day, but I do it fairly often. The tiles are $45 per box for 30 sq ft. of tiles. It's a fantastic product that is very durable and easy and adds a lot of value. People who see it for the first time always think its real ceramic, it looks that convincing when it's done properly. Hope this helped!

angelapeng

Registered
Thanks, Mat. Helps a lot. What is the name of the tile? Vinyl Tile? We will renovate our investment property soon, if you were here in Vancouver, I will call you do the job.

MatPiche

Registered
Haha, will do! The tile is called "Traffic Master". The grout comes in small white tubs with the matching colours for the tiles. Ask someone at Home Depot and they will point everything out for you.

angelapeng

Registered
Great. Thank you so much. Will try it soon. Good Luck with your other renovation. Please share with us in your video.

kfort

Registered
I'm totally stealing this tile idea for a specific one of my properties next time it turns over. Good video. I would echo many of the above comments /suggestions. Possibly get an appraiser friend to give a rough informal appriasal before and after you do a series of these DIY upgrades? Or even an income from rent appraisal before /after? As an investor I would find this information useful, and as a seller too!

Tyson

Registered
Hi Mat:

Nice video...and nice chalk line! How does it work and where do I get one?

Thanks,

Tyson

MatPiche

Registered
Glad you liked it kfort, use away! Good ideas as well! Tyson, make sure both ends are tight and snap the line. You can buy them at any hardware store.

MatPiche

Registered
Hey Guys,

Just uploaded my 2nd webisode in the General Discussion forum. Hope you enjoy and leave feedback!

Top Bottom