Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Finding Tenant`s Move-Out Clean-Up Checklist

Grant

Registered
Hi all,

This is in response to a question that I received. I`ve posted the question and answer here for everyone`s benefit.

I would prefer that questions such as this one be posted here first so that I or another user can answer them more easily, but since this was sent via PM, I`ll post it here for future reference.

QUOTE Hi Grant,

We are REIN members and we are currently trying to download the checklist "Tenant`s Move-Out Clean-Up Checklist" from the forms section in the Member`s Download section of the REIN website. We haven`t been able to locate this checklist (we have the hard copy that we got from the REIN meeting from the booklet "REIN Landlording Secrets: The Definitive Tenant and Property Management System: Filling Vacancies. Checklists and Forms."

Could you tell us where to find the worddocument version of the hard copy that we see in this booklet? Thanks, Grant, we really appreciate it.

To answer your question, there is a handy search function available in the Downloads manager. First, click on the "Downloads" button in the menu at the top (alternatively, from the board index, you can click on "Critical Forms" under "Member Resources" in the Members-Only section, which will take you to the Critical Forms section).

Once in some part of the Downloads section, just click on the "Search" button in the top right of the page. The button has a little magnifying glass on it. Please note that this is a different search function from the one in the top menu (the latter searches all topics and posts on the board, but not the downloads section).

Then, search for the document. Think carefully about your search terms. Click here to read the help file on searching. The same things apply for the Downloads search function (alternatively, click here to read the help file on the download manager - it also talks about searching).

When searching, it is a good idea to think of 2 or 3 words that you know are contained in the title or description of the document (or words in a post, if you are searching for a post). Only one word often gives too many results, and more than 3 words is often too narrow and you may not find anything!

Since we are looking for a "Tenant`s Move-Out Clean-Up Checklist", we have a few options for search terms. We`re almost definitely looking for something with the word "tenant" in it, so our search term will include "+tenant" (no quotation marks). The words "Move-Out" and "Clean-Up" are hyphenated, and since hyphens tend to be unpredictable in file names and titles, we`ll try to avoid those words if possible (we could also try adding the words "clean" or "move" with "+clean" or "+move", but this may get too specific and limit our results). This leaves me with the word "checklist" to include.

Therefore, I will input "+tenant +checklist" (without the quotation marks). This gives me 4 results, which I can easily look at. There appears to be both a "Move-Out" and "Clean-Up" checklist. You can click on and download both and see which one meets your needs best (they are similar).

If you follow these steps, you should be able to find what you are looking for. Plus, you can apply this to finding other files.

Please let me know if anything needs clarification.

Cheers!

Top Bottom