Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fort Mac Civil Enforcement Agency

brendanmacfarlane

Registered
Hi, my situation is that I have a tenant that hasn`t paid rent for November, and now tells me they aren`t going to be able to pay rent for Decemeber. Does anyone know of a good civil enforcement agency in Fort McMurray? Thanks

navaz

Registered
Give them an eviction notice for non-payment of rent and then carry on the process as called for in the landlord tenant act

L

lanedry77

QUOTE (brendanmacfarlane @ Nov 23 2007, 10:52 AM) Does anyone know of a good civil enforcement agency in Fort McMurray?
Hi Brenda,

I can`t give you a credible reference from a landlord`s perspective, but I`ve worked with Consolidated Civil Enforcement over the years (in a past day-job life), and have always had good feeling about them (including being involved [on the enforcement side] with a few confiscations where I was always impressed with the professionalism of the bailif).

They`re all over the province, including Fort McMurray & Grand Prairie, but I believe those two locations are administered through their Edmonton office (1-800-313-4270).

I hope that helps,

David.

FayWong

Registered
QUOTE (brendanmacfarlane @ Nov 23 2007, 10:52 AM) Hi, my situation is that I have a tenant that hasn`t paid rent for November, and now tells me they aren`t going to be able to pay rent for Decemeber. Does anyone know of a good civil enforcement agency in Fort McMurray? Thanks I am not familar with Fort McMurray, but I have used civil enforcement before. Before calling them, does the tenant have anything to seize? If they are not paying you because they think they can then they may have some property of value, but if they are actually in a bad personal situation and really are broke they may not. If the items seized aren`t worth the combined value of the rent and the cost of the seizure you may want to re-think this. On one occasion, just the threat of seizure was enough to get my rent, but again they had things they were not prepared to lose. Incidentally, those people are still renting from me and have not been even late this past year; and are taking care of the house as if it were their own. I am very glad I did not go the eviction route.

Top Bottom