Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Got our Shut Up Check!

MarkOnaba

REIN Member
My wife Lara and I are celebrating our first "quick turn" deal! And as Owen Shaw would say, we`re officially HOOKED on that Real Estate Crack!
We are new to REIN and for the life of me I can`t figure out why it took us so long to join! Anyway, we are glad we joined when we did because we got to attend the Ron LeGrand event.

So here is some background on the deal.

Property was listed on the mls for $260,000, reduced from a little over $290,000. Owner was in pre-foreclosure and needed to sell quickly.
Purchase price - $255,000 (I`m a tough negotiator!)

We bought the property conventionally with 20% down and the day after closing, we had TWO RTO buyers interested in the house. We hadn`t even cleaned up the place!
Anyway we qualified both and decided to go with one of the buyers.

Our exist;

Sale Price - $310,000
Term - 2 years
Monthly payment - $1,697 ($800 positive cash flow after mortgage, taxes and insurance. Tenants pay for everything else)
Initial Deposit - $15,000.
Note:
I used SWAG (Ron`s words) on all my numbers... just figured out how much profit I wanted and that was the number.

I`ll be honest, this was a little out of our comfort zone and I remember thinking I should just rent it out because its what I`ve always known, but I`m sure glad I didn`t listen to that little negative voice!

So now we`ve got 3 deals going... at the same time... and I`m thinking we must have lost our minds!

----
Mark Onaba

MonteDobson

Registered
Nice work Mark!To me this type of deal is ideal. You`ve made an instant cash "in your jeans" return of nearly 30% (on the option deposit) from your tenant buyer, with great cashflow and a locked in value after 2 years.
I like it!

PS. How did you find your potential tenant buyers??

QUOTE (MarkOnaba @ Mar 8 2010, 05:34 PM) My wife Lara and I are celebrating our first "quick turn" deal! And as Owen Shaw would say, we`re officially HOOKED on that Real Estate Crack
!

We are new to REIN and for the life of me I can`t figure out why it took us so long to join! Anyway, we are glad we joined when we did because we got to attend the Ron LeGrand event.

Property was listed on the mls for $260,000, reduced from a little over $290,000. Owner was in pre-foreclosure and needed to sell quickly.

We bought the property conventionally with 20% down and the day after closing, we had TWO RTO buyers interested in the house. We hadn`t even cleaned up the place!

Our exist;

Sale Price - $310,000
Term - 2 years
Monthly payment - $1,697 ($800 positive cash flow after mortgage, taxes and insurance. Tenants pay for everything else)
Note:
I used SWAG (Ron`s words) on all my numbers... just figured out how much profit I wanted and that was the number.

I`ll be honest, this was a little out of our comfort zone and I remember thinking I should just rent it out because its what I`ve always known, but I`m sure glad I didn`t listen to that little negative voice!

So now we`ve got 3 deals going... at the same time... and I`m thinking we must have lost our minds!

----
Mark Onaba

MarkOnaba

REIN Member
QUOTE (MonteDobson @ Mar 8 2010, 04:48 PM) PS. How did you find your potential tenant buyers??

We used kijiji

GaryMcGowan

Registered
Nice work,
RTO tenants are great at paying and taking care of the property for you. As Monte said. you get paid today and tomorrow!

BrianPersaud

Registered
QUOTE (MarkOnaba @ Mar 8 2010, 07:34 PM) My wife Lara and I are celebrating our first "quick turn" deal! And as Owen Shaw would say, we`re officially HOOKED on that Real Estate Crack!

Our exist;

Sale Price - $310,000
Term - 2 years
Note:

----
Mark Onaba

Awesome

Top Bottom