Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Home Staging Tips by Expert Realtors

saidsells4u

New Forum Member
Registered
Staging Creates Excitement And Interest From The Beginning!
Staging prepares your home to attract the widest market, while making it appealing to the greatest number of prospective buyers.

lovely-kitchen-bright.jpg * See your home through a buyer's eyes, you want buyers to walk through your house and feel like it's their home, not yours! Things like a wall of family portraits or your trophy collection are certain to prevent buyers from emotionally placing themselves in your home. Remember; See your home through a buyer's eyes.

* Make the mental decision to "let go" of your emotions and focus on the fact that soon this house will no longer be yours. Don't look backwards -- look toward the future.

* After you have prepared you self to let go of your emotional attachments to your house, now is the time to tackle your home's little flaws: That hole in the wall you have been meaning to fix for a while, the screen door on the kitchen does not close well, the chipped paint on the baseboards, and the clutter in the basement. Make a list of items that need to be fixed by taking a thorough tour of your home, write down all items that a buyer might want changed or fixed. Repair as much as you can, within reason

* Don't get so carried away with prepping your home that you forget why you're doing this - to increase the selling price of your home! You need to consider two things before making any improvements.
Will this make my home more desirable to buyers?
Will this increase the value of my home more than it costs me to do it?
Some repairs are absolutely vital, like a leaky roof or basement and unsafe electrical problems. Otherwise, fix all the little things like leaky faucets, doors that squeak, and small cracks in the ceiling.

* Get rid of clutter: Your house will feel a lot bigger and more inviting when you clear out those closets, remove bulky, unused furniture and rearrange the remaining pieces to make the best use of space. If you haven't used something in the past year, toss it, donate it to charity or sell it.

* Clean everything: Cleaning is the single most cost effective way to make your home more attractive to buyers. Floors, windows, walls, doors, baseboards - everything! Give extra care and attention to the bathrooms and kitchen. And once it's all clean, keep it clean! You never know when your ideal buyer will visit.

* A fresh coat of paint will do wonders: Strong colours on the walls or old washed out wallpaper make it hard for buyers to imagine their furniture in your house. Consider repainting your home in bright, neutral colours that will enhance a room's size and look more inviting. Next to cleaning your home, paint is the most cost-effective way to increase your home's appeal.

ExcellHomes

New Forum Member
Registered
Virtual staging is mostly used for luxury homes. This staging requires more money and professional skills as compared to any general home staging.

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Virtual staging is mostly used for luxury homes. This staging requires more money and professional skills as compared to any general home staging.
Thank you very much. I have had quite a few inquires on this by REIN members. This gives me a much better idea on the whole process.
Thank you!

Jillian Hinds-Williams

New Forum Member
Registered
You're absolutely correct, in my opinion home staging is crucial to ensuring that you get the best possible offer on your property in the shortest possible time. We have a mantra that First Impressions Really do Sell houses. Typically a prospective buyer has made up their minds TEN seconds after they step through the door. Home staging helps to remove the negatives and sells a lifestyle to the prospective buyers. This ensures the seller makes the best possible return on their investment.

Jillian Hinds-Williams

New Forum Member
Registered
Has anyone heard of Virtual Staging?
Tina, Virtual Staging is an online version of staging where photos or video of an empty property is basically staged using digital furnishings. This is becoming increasingly affordable not just for luxury homes and apartments. It allows prospective buyers to envisage the home staged with at the least the bare essentials, demonstrates a function for an empty room, and if staged tastefully, can even project luxury and aspiration.

Virtual staging services are becoming quite popular, usually for empty properties, and definitely targets the 90% of buyers who now do their initial research online. However, once you get the prospective buyer through the door, the property still needs to meet buyer expectation, and an empty property may not always achieve this, especially if the virtual staging has set their expectations high.

David Maxwell

Realtor/Real Estate Investor
Staff member
REIN Member
Can anyone recommend a good virtual staging website(s)? I'm considering doing it with my rental property online advisements.

Chrisgeorge2365

New Forum Member
Registered
Hi, home staging is become more popular in real estate world. Always be in contact with 3 to 4 company for better option. I am in contact with a home staging company in Vancouver, please let me know is this write one or not..?
https://www.bellastaging.ca

Top Bottom