Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How do I set up my multi-user version of REMA

GarthChapman

Registered
Once you have installed REMA on all the computers in your network you will need to locate the data file on a shared folder within that network so all your users will be able to access the same data file.

Normally one of your computers is the one you started on REMA with, and it therefore has the data file you want to use. If not then you can use any of the computers in your network to locate your data file on the network folder of your choice (a shared folder on your computer or on your server). Then on each of the other computers you will `point` REMA to that same data file location. This way all your computers using REMA will be accessing the same data file.

To locate your data file:
1) Click on Toolkit
2) Click on View Database Location

If you want to move your data file from its current location as shown to the right of "Current Path to Portfolio Database, then from step 2 above do the following:
3) Click on Move Databases
4) Select the data file to move by clicking on the button containing the 3 dots
5) Choose the file location
6) Repeat steps 3 to 5 above for the Sample User database if you wish to move it also
7) Click on `Move` and the system will move each data file to its new location.

To point REMA on your other computers on your network to the new data file location:
1) Click on Toolkit
3) Select the data file by clicking on the button containing the 3 dots
4) Browse to the folder the data file is now located in (the folder you moved the data file to)
5) Once in the correct folder then double-click on the data file (or highlight the file and then click on `Open`). The Explorer window will automatically close and leave you back at the REMA Database Locator.

And you`re done!

wick

Registered
Hi There,

I was wondering how hard it is to set up a network between 3 computers that are not in the same cities. It would be nice if each member of my partnership could access the software.

Thanks.

QUOTE (GarthChapman @ Sep 10 2008, 04:21 PM)
Once you have installed REMA on all the computers in your network you will need to locate the data file on a shared folder within that network so all your users will be able to access the same data file.

Normally one of your computers is the one you started on REMA with, and it therefore has the data file you want to use. If not then you can use any of the computers in your network to locate your data file on the network folder of your choice (a shared folder on your computer or on your server). Then on each of the other computers you will 'point' REMA to that same data file location. This way all your computers using REMA will be accessing the same data file.

To locate your data file:

1) Click on Toolkit

If you want to move your data file from its current location as shown to the right of "Current Path to Portfolio Database, then from step 2 above do the following:

3) Click on Move Databases

4) Select the data file to move by clicking on the button containing the 3 dots

5) Choose the file location

6) Repeat steps 3 to 5 above for the Sample User database if you wish to move it also

7) Click on 'Move' and the system will move each data file to its new location.

To point REMA on your other computers on your network to the new data file location:

1) Click on Toolkit

3) Select the data file by clicking on the button containing the 3 dots

4) Browse to the folder the data file is now located in (the folder you moved the data file to)

5) Once in the correct folder then double-click on the data file (or highlight the file and then click on 'Open'). The Explorer window will automatically close and leave you back at the REMA Database Locator.

And you're done!

GarthChapman

Registered
Hi Wick, this is relatively easy to do, but you will need to hire a network tech to do it for you. It simply involves using the internet to connect the PC`s, setting up a network and the security protocols required to keep your data safe. There are tons of people out there doing this sort of work.

wick

Registered
Thanks,

One last question..... If I were to download the single user version would I be able to upgrade to the multi user version in the future instead of renewing the single? Or would I need to purchase the multi user version at the full price?

Thanks,

Jody Wick

GarthChapman

Registered
Great question Jody! You can always upgrade for only the differential cost between the product versions. We would never ask a customer to pay twice for our product.

wick

Registered
Fabulous! That sounds great. That makes the decision a lot easier!

Thanks,

Jody Wick

Top Bottom