Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Huge detached garage rental options

RyanVan

Registered
I am proud to announce that I have just had my first offer accepted since joining REIN.

This property comes with a huge (32x30x12) detached garage. When doing my dilligence I factored in $300/month as storage as that seems to be the going rate in Calgary. Upon viewing the property it was apparant that it was set up as a full shop. It is 220 wired with seperate water and electric, it`s own hot water tank, flourescent lighting and work benches galore.

The vendor had mentioned that it could rent for $1000, and until I saw it I didn`t believe it. Like I said, I worked the numbers with $300 for the garage so the extra would be a bonus.

I am wondering if anyone here has run into this before and could provide advice on how to maximize the rental potential of this garage.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

I`m off to provide the realtor with the initial deposit.

RyanVan

Registered
Two things I have thought of so far are:

1) Offering the vendor a commission on rent if he/she can find a renter at or above a target rent

2) Posting the rental in break rooms in the industrial area / mechanical shops etc.

I`m a computer guy and, sadly in this case, my circle of influence is limited amongst those who would find a garage of this type useful. So there will be some creative advertising.

Does anyone have suggestions for either copy or locations to flyer?

Top Bottom