Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hwy 6 sales

timk519

Registered
I live in Ontario and I drive the section of Hwy 6 between the 401 and 403 every day, and have seen a surprising number of "for sale" signs along the road, as well as some decent sized commerical buildings have also been vacated by their tenants and are for sale / lease as well.

I was curious if anyone could comment on what could be going on along this route, why it`s happening, and if there`s any opportunities behind the curtain here.

billkeay

REIN Member
Hi Tim,

Recently there has been a lot of construction on the South side of Hwy 5 along #6. Also, the route is being used more and more these days and the bottlenecks back up traffic more and more. I wouldn`t want to live on a major highway and I would suggest that is one of the reasons why people are selling their homes. Unless you live well back off the route, who would want to live there?

What do you think?

Cheers,

Bill

QUOTE (timk519 @ Sep 29 2007, 11:30 PM) I live in Ontario and I drive the section of Hwy 6 between the 401 and 403 every day, and have seen a surprising number of "for sale" signs along the road, as well as some decent sized commerical buildings have also been vacated by their tenants and are for sale / lease as well.

I was curious if anyone could comment on what could be going on along this route, why it`s happening, and if there`s any opportunities behind the curtain here.

timk519

Registered
QUOTE (billkeay @ Sep 30 2007, 01:09 AM) Recently there has been a lot of construction on the South side of Hwy 5 along #6. Also, the route is being used more and more these days and the bottlenecks back up traffic more and more. I wouldn`t want to live on a major highway and I would suggest that is one of the reasons why people are selling their homes. Unless you live well back off the route, who would want to live there?

What do you think?Hi Bill - that could explain the rash of home sales, what about the commerical properties? If i`m seeing right, I think there`s 2, possily 3 commercial properties > 50K sq ft which have been vacated. I would think for a commercial enterprise, being on a highway would be a good thing, unless the property owner wanted to capitalize on the increased property value and didn`t renew the tenant`s lease. Now, if something`s coming down the pipe on Hwy 6 which would impair the property`s use, that would be interesting to know.

Top Bottom