Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I resisted the urge to buy a bangle.

Anonymous

Registered
Hooray! I admit this is the lamest of the lame but it is my success story for the day-I`m sure a few ladies can relate. I`ve been wanting a very pretty piece of jewelry for the last few months. I thought I could justify the purchase because it`s available on Ebay for 50% off the retail price. I have been feeling unmotivated and discouraged lately so I thought I`d cheer myself up by buying something sparkly. The August REIN package couldn`t have arrived at a better time. I popped in the 1st CD and it helped put things into prespective. I still really really want the bangle but common sense took over. The good news is the 5k is still in my bank account.

bluerockgroup

Registered
QUOTE (Vancouver @ Sep 13 2007, 09:47 PM) Hooray! I admit this is the lamest of the lame but it is my success story for the day-I`m sure a few ladies can relate. I`ve been wanting a very pretty piece of jewelry for the last few months. I thought I could justify the purchase because it`s available on Ebay for 50% off the retail price. I have been feeling unmotivated and discouraged lately so I thought I`d cheer myself up by buying something sparkly. The August REIN package couldn`t have arrived at a better time. I popped in the 1st CD and it helped put things into prespective. I still really really want the bangle but common sense took over. The good news is the 5k is still in my bank account.

Good for you!
style_emoticons
I know exactly how you feel as I recently took a similar step in not purchasing my neighbour`s motorbike for $1500. It was a STEAL of a deal but if we stick to the plan right now, in no time...we can buy whatever we want!

Congrats.
-Grant

CarlaJohnson

Registered
Keeping a "laser focus" on the big picture helps make many decisions, both big and small. My hubby and I are both at the top pay in our professions. Many of our friends are mortgaged to the teeth with big, beautiful homes. We resisted the urge - even though we like to entertain - and chose to stay in our "starter" home that is now mortgage-free. The bank is very happy to help us buy more & more investment properties.

I can almost smell my Personal Belize!

MikeMcCrae

Registered
A line I use a lot when coaching investors is... the house will buy the toy. The toy won`t buy the house.

jamtec

Registered
QUOTE (bluerockgroup @ Sep 14 2007, 12:26 AM) Good for you!
style_emoticons
I know exactly how you feel as I recently took a similar step in not purchasing my neighbour`s motorbike for $1500. It was a STEAL of a deal but if we stick to the plan right now, in no time...we can buy whatever we want!

Congrats.
-Grant

Hey Grant,
Am a new poster here. Like you, I also enjoy the "toys". I don`t know what the resale values of motorbikes are like in your area, but what I found, at least here in BC, was that motorcycles, especially ATV`s hold their values. So even if you bought the bike at $1500 used it for awhile & sold it after, it would`ve only cost you the difference to have used it. In most of my cases, eg. the ATVs, I sold it for what I paid for it 4 years ago. Just thought I`d share that.

Cheers,

James

bluerockgroup

Registered
QUOTE (jamtec @ Sep 27 2007, 10:52 PM) Hey Grant,
Am a new poster here. Like you, I also enjoy the "toys". I don`t know what the resale values of motorbikes are like in your area, but what I found, at least here in BC, was that motorcycles, especially ATV`s hold their values. So even if you bought the bike at $1500 used it for awhile & sold it after, it would`ve only cost you the difference to have used it. In most of my cases, eg. the ATVs, I sold it for what I paid for it 4 years ago. Just thought I`d share that.

Cheers,

James

That is what made the decision NOT to buy the bike even harder. Thankfully, the neighbour still hasn`t sold it and the snow is starting to fly so perhaps...the motocycle Gods are looking down on me and rewarding my decision with the same bike, only cheaper, in the spring.

-Grant

Top Bottom