Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

If you could only buy one of Don`s books...

2HoundsHomeStaging

Registered
Hi all!

I`m off later today or tomorrow to pick up one of Don`s books. I`m hoping you can help me decide which one of Don`s books to get. Which do you feel is most informative and comprehensive?

Don`t keep me waiting!
style_emoticons

BMironov

Registered
style_emoticons

If you still in doubt - buy both!

They are both great! I belive, you can get a good deal from

http://www.amazon.ca/Real-Estate-Investing...6443&sr=8-1

if you pick both of them. All proceeds from sale of the book will go to Habitat of Humanity.

1st book (ACRE system) will help you to understand what "these REIN members" talking about (eg, "your Belize", "Richie guy", ...)
2nd book is great as a more than 100 tips for day-to-day activities.

They both are great! And do not forget that you can always ask Don to sign them on coming seminar. On Quickstart you will meet all the authors of "97 tips" and do the same. Delivery will be done from Amazon`s warehouse in Mississauga, at least for Ontario.

P.S. Don said that the Third book is coming soon.

All the best and enjoy the reading

2HoundsHomeStaging

Registered
QUOTE (BMironov @ Sep 22 2007, 01:00 PM) All proceeds from sale of the book will go to Habitat of Humanity.

Really!? That is great to hear!

Thanks for the information Boris, I definately will get both...but I think I`ll start with the `investing in Canada` first. There are many terms mentioned that I`ve never heard of and I think it will go a long way in explaining these things or so it sounds!

Thank you again!

I can`t wait to get reading...I may need a new pack of highlighters....

BMironov

Registered
QUOTE (2HoundsHomeStaging @ Sep 22 2007, 02:33 PM) I can`t wait to get reading...I may need a new pack of highlighters....

If I may, I would recommend special Post-It that designed specifically for this task. They sold in different colors and look like usual Post-It but the size is like 1/2" x 2". They are very convenient to use as "stick-out" bookmarks. My wife loves them so much that her favourite books look like hedgehogs with colored spines.

style_emoticons

2HoundsHomeStaging

Registered
QUOTE (BMironov @ Sep 22 2007, 03:41 PM) If I may, I would recommend special Post-It that designed specifically for this task.
style_emoticons

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually have some of those around the office somewhere...I just have to locate them.

pvilay

Registered
If you like his book and this is something you want to pursue as a vehicle for wealth, i`d buy his quick start program and or join REIN.

2HoundsHomeStaging

Registered
QUOTE (pvilay @ Sep 24 2007, 02:15 PM) If you like his book and this is something you want to pursue as a vehicle for wealth, i`d buy his quick start program and or join REIN.

I do plan to join REIN. At this point though, I have so much going on...work is crazy right now, that I don`t have time to apply myself appropriately. I will see what happens during the holidays as it is a pretty slow time for my decorating clients as well as my staging clients.

I believe I read somewhere if you join REIN, you get the Quick Start Program included. I`m all about the money, so I like as close to `free` as possible!
style_emoticons

Anonymous

Registered
QUOTE (2HoundsHomeStaging @ Sep 24 2007, 05:03 PM) I believe I read somewhere if you join REIN, you get the Quick Start Program included. I`m all about the money, so I like as close to `free` as possible!
style_emoticons

That`s right - the Quickstart homestudy is part of the REIN membership signing bonus. Members can also attend Quickstart live for free, as long as they pre-register for the event
style_emoticons

BMironov

Registered

QUOTE (2HoundsHomeStaging @ Sep 24 2007, 08:03 PM) I do plan to join REIN. At this point though, I have so much going on...work is crazy right now, that I don`t have time to apply myself appropriately. I will see what happens during the holidays as it is a pretty slow time for my decorating clients as well as my staging clients.

I believe I read somewhere if you join REIN, you get the Quick Start Program included. I`m all about the money, so I like as close to `free` as possible!
style_emoticons

Just one year ago I was at exactly the same position. Looking for some way how to make some kind of change in my life. It was a tipping point when one simple thing could resonate a lot of action. You know how they say: "When student is ready the teacher will appear". I was lucky that Don was that person in my life. Parallel to him I tried to get into "millionaire course" led by Robert Allen.
To make long story short. Today is 1 year since I decided just to do that step and subscribe to REIN membership. It was $3600 paid by $210 per month over 17 months period. Looks like any other "few thousand dollars course". But think about it as an ivestment to your bright future. It is hard to put any dollars against freedom and wealth for generations to come where you will be that "grandma who left her grandkids few million dollars that generate passive income".

Totally, totally worths it. Think about these $3600 as about investment that will come back to you on very first PROPER real estate deal. Plus it is all tax deductible!

REIN is not just about real estate. We have many workshops about "how to be a successful person". For example, last workshop with Les Hewitt was so great that so many people mentioned it on MyREINspace. And for Don REIN is not about making himself money. It is much higher way of life. It is about sharing. His statement: "If You Have Knowledge, Let Others Light Their Candle From It."
And it is very true for any person who works in REIN: Russell Westcott, Peter Kinch, Barry McGuire, Dona Silvester, ....

P.S. Belive me, I see how my family changed during this year and I just could not belive that we will be at that level if someone would tell us. Soon I will publish my success story with success of my wife and how she changed thanks to all the knowledge that we have got via REIN and via new contacts started on REIN meeting and all the books recommended by Don, etc

Anonymous

Registered
When Carol and I started out 5 years ago, we were reading every book we could get our hands on. The problem was that most of the books were focused on American ideas or confused me with 10 ways to do something which was difficult to manage with a full time job. The books from Don came out after we had purchased 40+ properties. My suggestion would be the following:

ACRES if you are completely new then 97 tips.
97 tips if you are looking for good ideas and you are currently looking for a property.

Like Boris suggested, I would get both and start with ACRES then go to 97Tips.

Good luck and please let me know if you need any help.

2HoundsHomeStaging

Registered
You know what really impresses me with Don`s system and REIN? Realtors are members. For myself this is a large vote of confidence in REIN. When you watch those silly infomercials on t.v. late at night telling you how you can make millions in the blink of an eye, not one testimonial is from a professional in the business. Just lots of flash and big bucks to commit.

I discovered REIN reading the local paper about my area being one of the top ten in Ontario. I tore out the article and kept it...this was maybe a month ago.... A couple of weeks ago I had some time to look into it. I first went to my active rain community and discovered REIN realtors! Talk about credibility! Needless to say I was impressed. This is why I looked into REIN more and found this forum. I joined right away with the full intention to join...I also noted when I joined that of all the women on the forum I was the only one who was not a REIN member (I believe this has since changed).

Talk about a great network. Regular meetings to provide networking opportunities, gain industry knowledge and professional associations. Seems like a no brainer!

Top Bottom