Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan 26 - In the Streets Canadian Quick Turn Strategies with Andrea Warkentin

AndreaW

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
This week we will discuss advertising for rent to own tenants. Please feel free to share your experiences and respond to this posting.

Here are the top 3 ways that I advertise for rent to own or lease option tenants:

1. Kijiji - Hands down I get the best response (typically by email) from interested people in my rent to own program. You have to be careful with kijiji - if you don't post in the right area, your ad may be deleted arbitrarily by kijiji with no recourse, but to relist your ad in a different category. Although kijiji produces a lot of hits, I get tons of tire kickers. We try to educated people about our rent to own program and refer them to our website where they can sign up to be a part of our VIP Buyer's List. Even if you currently don't have a house available to advertise on kijiji, you can still advertise that you have a house coming soon in order to build your buyer's list. I have seen people advertise in the houses for sale, houses for rent, and real estate services section. Try putting different ads in each of the 3 sections and compare your response rate. Here in Red Deer, AB, Craig's List is not popular, but if you are in Vancouver or another big city, try both and see which response gets better numbers. The other thing about kijiji or Craig's List is the advertising is free!

2. Vehicle Decals - One time cost that has me handing out business cards at the bank, gas station, grocery store and yes even being flagged down while driving! I advertise both buying houses and rent to own on my vehicle. My sales guy has decals on his vehicle too for rent to own at a $200 cost. This is CHEAP advertising!

3. Online search - we use Google Adwords so that we are on page 1 top of Google in our geographical area ( I think it is within 80 km of Red Deer). Driving traffic to your website is important and can be costly too. Be sure to set daily or dollar figure caps on your pay per click advertising. I have in the past also used Facebook advertising and maxed out at $10/day every day on pay per click. You can also do other things to help increase your organic search rating on Google, but I'm not an SEO expert, so I suggest talking to someone who is......thanks to my sales guy Rob, who handles that for me!

Yes I said top 3 ways, but here's number 4, which I can't do in my city due to the sign bylaw, but I know other people have success with - Bandit Signs - be sure to have a phone number and someone who can answer the phone and at least take a message for you, rather than have it go to voice mail if at all possible. this is something we are working on right now!

neill

Airdrie, AB
REIN Member
Great post Andrea!!!

Agreed - Bandit signs, the uglier the better - generate a ton of calls....

We are also fortunate to be in a smaller market so our Kijiji ads generate decent response and they don't require bumping every day....

Top Bottom