Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

June 2013 Miscellaneous Economic Fundamentals

Ally

Research Assistant
Registered
News articles for June 2013.

Ally

Research Assistant
Registered
7 reasons your house may not be selling

Selling a home isn`t as simple as planting a sign in the ground any more. It involves preparation, timing and strategic advice. If you don`t do all of the above, do not be surprised when your home does not sell while others in the area are doing so.

Read the full article here.

Ally

Research Assistant
Registered
Top 10 tips for properties if you can't find a tenant

Are you struggling to find a tenant
for your buy-to-let property? Our top 10 tips for properties that will not let gives you valuable help and advice and some simple measures that you can take to make your property immediately more rentable.

1. Clean, clean, clean!

There is nothing more off-putting to a prospective tenant than walking into a dirty property. Clean windows, sparkling work surfaces and a spotless bathroom can do wonders to value of a property in the mind of a prospective tenant. If there is a shared close or garden then ensure that this is tidy and well kept ` even if it means doing it yourself! First impressions are important; you do not want a garden filled with rubbish the first thing a viewer to see when they approach your property.

Ally

Research Assistant
Registered
How to ensure your home sale will be tax free

I`ve been teaching my kids about the value of owning real estate and my kids are taking it to heart. My daughter just convinced her younger brother to co-invest in a piece of real estate, then flip it for a profit. Where`s the property? Our backyard.

You see, we have a great play set in our yard with a sandbox, swings and a clubhouse. My kids sold the right to use the play set to our neighbour`s kid for $10 for the summer. So, I told my kids they have to pay tax on their profit. I became the tax collector, levied a $10 tax, then made a transfer payment back to our neighbour. My kids are learning about taxation the hard way.

REIN

Registered
More people are turning to mortgage brokers for home financing

Canadian home sales have done well since the recession, but there are signs of slowing. The National Bank Composite House Price Index was up just 2% year on year in April 2013. This is the smallest increase in its 15 year history (outside of the 2008/2009 global recession). *

However, index results varied widely in cities across the country. Calgary (5.5%), Edmonton (3.6%), Winnipeg (4.4%), Quebec City (6.6%) and Toronto (4.3%) all showed gains above the national average. Victoria (-3.3%) and Vancouver (-1.5%) showed home price deflation. With record low interest rates, tighter federal mortgage requirements and slower growth, the Canadian mortgage market has become increasingly competitive.

Top Bottom