Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kamloops an awesome place for rental investment?

JoeWhite

Direct - 250.571.6334
Registered
I purchased my first home and rental home in 2010 (Kelowna BC) for 720,000 which was listed at 765,000 I put 75,000 down 5year amrit. The property Gross 3600 and Net cash flow of 1200/month. I am wondering if i can use home equity to reinvest? My income is nil at the moment but have a partner which will make my portfolio look much better. I am looking to invest in Kamloops.

Joe

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
What specifically are you asking ? Can I get another mortgage ? The answer will be yes only if the investment partner is strong and co-qualifies and co-guarantees the mortgage, or if you buy a commercial asset with sufficient cash-flow to cover the debt by a 25-30% margin.

You may wish to check your spelling before 1000+ people see your entry in cyberspace.

JoeWhite

Direct - 250.571.6334
Registered
Thanks Thomas, I am looking to invest in a commercial asset, my goal is 6 doors. I look at my last investment as a very lucky yet uneducated purchase. I invested in that property without doing a property analysis or performing any research on the neighborhood or housing market. What I am looking for here are some creative ways to approach my banker about my commercial investment goals. I have alot to learn about investing starting with proof reading my cyber jargon!

Hopefully I can catch a few pointers at the next ACER event in Vancouver.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user=JoeWhite]my goal is 6 doors.
don't be so modest.

[quote user=JoeWhite]I invested in that property without doing a property analysis or performing any research on the neighborhood or housing market.
Why ? Perhaps you can do better ?

[quote user=JoeWhite]ACER
ACRE actually: Authentic Canadian Real Estate.

[quote user=JoeWhite]What I am looking for here are some creative ways to approach my banker about my commercial investment goals.
Never use creativity with a banker. They like to play within well defined boxes. Understand these sandboxes and fit within them.

Sellers on the other hand are more flexible. They can be your banker. So, why not get a 65% LTV first mortgage and 30% from the seller for 5 years and 5% down and you have a 36 plex with little money invested. (works with a 6-plex, too)

[quote user=JoeWhite]proof reading
I noted .. good for you. Communications is critical for (real estate) success in life, be it spoken or written.

housingrental

Registered
You should aim for higher rent to purchase price to be able to absorb capital repairs over time.

JoeWhite

Direct - 250.571.6334
Registered
Listed below are some steps I am completing to finding the right investment to reach my goals. I have been knocking on some doors trying to figure out building and owner information. If anyone has any input on clever ways to find this information it would be much appreciated.

1) 1 -Make a list of all 6 ` 36 plex`s in the purposed area of investment.

2) 2 -Prioritize listings to the relevance of my investment goals.

3) 3 -Find out if a single person or cooperation owns the property.

4) 4-Contact potential sellers.

5) 5 -Find out what the potential seller wants out of the property. (What will motivate the seller and what will motivate me)

6) 6-Figure out strategies that the counterpart would possibly accept based on situation and motivation (example from Thomas above get a 65% LTV first mortgage and 30% from the seller for 5 years and 5% down)

7) 7 -Categorize my creative interests and invent an option for everybody`s mutual gain.

I understand that every potential seller has a different situation. Dealing with these people in a manner that is professional and rewarding may be a challenge for a new investor like myself. (fake it until u you believe it)

I have also been exporting searches of www.BCassessment.com which comes in handy for analysis of properties. I am wondering if anyone out there uses www.mylandcor.com I have never used it but have heard it comes in handy for past 10 year sales history and property leans.

SamPerren

Ask how YOU can profit from the boom in Kamloops!
Registered
Hi Joe White

I am investing in Kamloops and am in the process of expanding my portfolio as well. It might be fun to talk shop. Checkout investkamloops.com to see what I'm about.

Sam

250.299.4285(text or you will get my call centre)

Top Bottom