Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kjiji Advertising

jeremyfleming

Registered
Hi Kijiji experts!

I am trying to post my first ad on Kijiji, and I am having no luck uploading photos. The browser says it IS uploading, but after 20 minutes, nothing changes (I am on high speed). The photo is less than 1meg - their max is 4megs.

Has anyone experienced this, and if so - how did you fix it?

Thanks,
Jeremy

kopilas

Registered
Hi Jeremy,

Although I never experienced what you are experiencing I tried to see if i have the same problem. My end seems to be working fine.
Some points to keep in mind: MAX of 4 pictures with a total of no more than 4MB.
I usually post using JPEG`s. It keeps the file size small and hence quicker upload times.

Hope this helps

jeremyfleming

Registered
QUOTE (kopilas @ Dec 13 2007, 01:11 PM) Hi Jeremy,

Although I never experienced what you are experiencing I tried to see if i have the same problem. My end seems to be working fine.
Some points to keep in mind: MAX of 4 pictures with a total of no more than 4MB.
I usually post using JPEG`s. It keeps the file size small and hence quicker upload times.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the help Tom - I double checked all of your suggestions, and still nothing. I will maybe try uploading from another computer..... technology - love it; hate it.

Jer

jeremyfleming

Registered
Well, I still need some help -

I was able to upload pics from another computer, but not my own. Does anyone have any ideas what the trouble might be with my laptop settings?

I have allowed cookies through my firewall, but still no upoads!

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy

mortgageman

Registered
Hi Jeremy,
This might not be the issue but if you have a program like photoshop reduce the image size to 7 inches on the long dimension. Set the resolution to 72 dots per inch, which is all you need for online images, and you`ll have a very small file that will look just fine and upload quickly.
I suppose you may have run in to a problem with your file names. Try not to have any weird punctuation other than the period before jpg. Generally I`ll call the photo something like kitchen.jpg
Finally, maybe kijiji was just having a bad few minutes.
Jason

QUOTE (jeremyfleming @ Dec 13 2007, 04:07 PM) Well, I still need some help -

I was able to upload pics from another computer, but not my own. Does anyone have any ideas what the trouble might be with my laptop settings?

I have allowed cookies through my firewall, but still no upoads!

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy

L

lanedry77

QUOTE (jeremyfleming @ Dec 13 2007, 04:07 PM) I was able to upload pics from another computer, but not my own. Does anyone have any ideas what the trouble might be with my laptop settings?
Hi Jeremy,

You may want to try using a different web browser on the same computer to eliminate one possible culprit. If you use Internet Explorer, maybe try Firefox (or vice-versa).

It`s just a thought. I hope that helps a bit.

David.

Haimr

Registered
Hi Jeremy,

I believe it’s because it’s so cold in Grande Prairie even your computer is frizzing.

As you indicate you are able to upload from other computer I will check the firewall as well as antivirus.

It can be that it is blocking this web from some reason.

Yes I like Kijiji I have very good experience with this web

Haim Rabinoviz

jeremyfleming

Registered
Thanks for the help fellas! It turns out it IS just too cold in GP for photos to upload on Kijiji.

No I`m kidding...... I did upload using an old spare computer this last time - I think it has to do with my firewall, and I`ll try shutting it right off tomorrow when I post on Kijiji again.

Thanks again,
Jer

Haimr

Registered
One more idea I have:
In your internet explorer go to:
Tools -->internet option -->delete Cookies & Delete files.
If this is firewall you need to remove this web from the blocking list.

Haim Rabinoviz

adamjennshows

Registered
Hello - Just a quick kijiji tip that we`ve found very useful and would also get around problems uploading pictures. At the end of our kijiji ad text we add this "To view more pictures and get additional information please refer to ______" and we insert the direct link to our ad on one of the other websites, ie: rentfaster.

wwds

REIN Member
QUOTE (jeremyfleming @ Dec 13 2007, 02:39 PM) Hi Kijiji experts!

I am trying to post my first ad on Kijiji, and I am having no luck uploading photos. The browser says it IS uploading, but after 20 minutes, nothing changes (I am on high speed). The photo is less than 1meg - their max is 4megs.

Has anyone experienced this, and if so - how did you fix it?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I`ve uploaded pics to Kjiji with no problems in the following format, picture in jpeg, max file size less 100 kb and no greater than 300 length x 400 width. On most good image programs is photoshop, iphoto, aperture, corel, you have the option to export photos with very specific characteristics

Merry Christmas,

Steven

betrina

Registered
Vista? Internet Explorer? Could that evil, world dominating, software company with the unmentionable name that starts with an "M" be the root of all your problems?

Cheerio
style_emoticons

Trina B

jcabral

Registered
To reduce size of images from 1MB or 4MB, use a program irfanview. Its a great little imaging program viewer and its free. You can download a version from download.com or use google and do a searchi for irfanview.

Top Bottom