Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking for good (cheap) property managment lawyer in Edmonton

James Murphy

New Forum Member
I am concerned that my property manager has been negligent and caused me great cost.
Can anyone recommend a good lawyer who can advise me?

adriano

Registered
Why waste your time and money? If you feel that way get rid of your PM and move on. Sounds like an expensive bill just to get if at all very little.
Chalk it up to experience and be more diligent in picking a PM.

James Murphy

New Forum Member
I already did switch - however their negligence cost me tens of thousands that I want back

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
Richard Bell
780-431-1444 ext. 6281
[email protected]

If you have lost more than $5,000 it might be worth it. If less, probably not worth the hassle and legal fees unfortunately. I haven't found any good PMs in Edmonton for SFH or condos. Unfortunately a really common problem, even with the top rated companies.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Richard Bell is a great real estate lawyer but he is not a litigation lawyer. You need a litigation lawyer. There are many in Edmonton, from the cheap/slimy to the very expensive.

What specifically do you want to litigate over ? Incompetence? Or gross negligence? What proof do you have for the latter? The former is tough to litigigate over and likely a waste of time.

Another avenue is RECA which oversees realtors and real estate brokers incl. property managers as all property managers in Alberta have to be real estate brokers.

The third and likely best avenue is small claims court, up to $50,000, in Alberta as you do not need a lawyer, just a good argument and some decent evidence, such as a sworn affidavit or records such as letters or emails sent and/or received. Tough to argue if most stuff was on the phone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom