Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking for Resource for Credit Checks

PaulPoulsen

Registered
http://www.checkfirstonline.com/

I use these guys and they`ve been very good so far. If I request a credit check first thing in the morning, I usually have the report in my hands before noon.

There`s a one-time $45 sign-up fee but I believe that includes one free credit check. After that, you`re charged a fee for each additional check.

mikecunning

REIN Member
QUOTE (REGirl @ Oct 15 2007, 12:09 PM) Who do you use to do your tenant credit checks.
I use Tenant Verification www.tenantverification.com Marv Steier is the principal; he has spoken at several REIN events. Sign up is free and the cost to do a check is minimal.

grhutchings

Registered
QUOTE (mikecunning @ Oct 15 2007, 04:31 PM)
I use Tenant Verification www.tenantverification.com Marv Steier is the principal; he has spoken at several REIN events. Sign up is free and the cost to do a check is minimal.

Mike,

I have never used a service for credit checks for tenants. Does Tenant Verification work for people in all provinces and territories or is this province specific. Hope my question isnt too ignorant. Just wondering how I could go about getting these checks done on potential tenants here in Ontario.

Please advise.

George Hutchings

www.sellmeyourhomefast.com

Hutchings Investments

RebeccaBryan

Registered
QUOTE (REGirl @ Oct 15 2007, 01:09 PM) Who do you use to do your tenant credit checks.

REGirl,

I signed up with rentcheckcorp.com. It works well.

Rebecca Bryan

MeganH

Registered
QUOTE (REGirl @ Oct 15 2007, 01:09 PM) Who do you use to do your tenant credit checks.

I use www.tenantverification.com as well. You have to get registered and then it`s around $22.00 per person. It saved me from someone with pages of credit problems who told me "he thought it was fine". Also you get the results in minutes. There is a bit to learn about reading them if you are new to it but they have a 1 800 #, sometimes they are really helpful but would rather you figure it out yourself with the online help.
Make sure you get the tenant to fill in the application fully, given name, address with postal code.... and get them to sign where it talks about doing a credit check.
Also you will find some people, esp. younger people don`t have much credit history so don`t be surprised if it comes up fairly empty.
Megan

Top Bottom