Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mac REMA

CamMcCarroll

Registered
Greetings`

Anyone want to chime in on their success using REMA on a Mac?
I see the last posts on this topic are almost a year old, anyone have any up to date reliable and simple solutions?

Cheers`

Cam

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (Cam @ Sep 29 2009, 05:18 PM)
Thanks,

Do i have to purchase Windows XP or Vista?

No, you can import the installation from your old computer to the new one living on your Mac. I know the VMWare was going to start including a special USB cable to do this. It's a mildly complicated (but not impossible) process, and I haven't finshed doing it on my new MacBook Pro.

Chris

CamMcCarroll

Registered
QUOTE (ChrisDavies @ Sep 30 2009, 05:12 AM) No, you can import the installation from your old computer to the new one living on your Mac.

Not sure what you mean here Chris, I don`t have a copy of Windows, nor do i have an old computer with Windows.
I have got "vitual box" going on my Mac 10.5.7 intel, but dont have a windows OS.

Do the programs you mentioned have windows OS included?

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (Cam @ Sep 30 2009, 03:49 PM)
Not sure what you mean here Chris, I don't have a copy of Windows, nor do i have an old computer with Windows.

I have got "vitual box" going on my Mac 10.5.7 intel, but dont have a windows OS.

Do the programs you mentioned have windows OS included?

No, in this case you'll need to get a copy of the Windows OS. I'd check with an Apple store before buying a copy though.

mickg

Registered
I have Office 2008 for Mac. This means I have Bootcamp loaded. From what I understand, I need to restart my computer with Bootcamp in order to load the REMA software. Is this correct? If so, how do I do it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mick Graham
Edmonton

GarthChapman

Registered
QUOTE (mickg @ Oct 6 2010, 05:34 PM)
I have Office 2008 for Mac. This means I have Bootcamp loaded. From what I understand, I need to restart my computer with Bootcamp in order to load the REMA software. Is this correct? If so, how do I do it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mick Graham

Edmonton

Whatever you need to do on your Mac to run any Windows application will work, and I think that means you must have a version of Windows available to install on your Mac. Wikipedia says this about Bootcamp:

Boot Camp is a utility included with Apple Inc.'s Mac OS X v10.5 "Leopard" and v10.6 "Snow Leopard" operating systems that assists users in installing Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or GNU/Linux[1] operating systems on Intel-based Macintosh computers, although it was rumored that Microsoft designed Windows 7 to malfunction in boot camp, however there is no proof of this. In a 2008 keynote, Steve Jobs revealed that Apple decided on the name "Boot Camp" due to the irony of the phrase having the word boot in it.[citation needed] Boot Camp guides users through non-destructive re-partitioning (including resizing of an existing HFS+ partition, if necessary) of their hard disk drive and using the Mac OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard disc to install Windows drivers. In addition to device drivers for the hardware, the disc includes an applet for the Windows control panel for selecting the boot operating system.

I am thinking of making the move to Mac, and if I do I'll then be able to answer these questions more specifically.

mickg

Registered
QUOTE (GarthChapman @ Oct 11 2010, 01:42 PM) Whatever you need to do on your Mac to run any Windows application will work, and I think that means you must have a version of Windows available to install on your Mac. Wikipedia says this about Bootcamp:

Boot Camp is a utility included with Apple Inc.`s Mac OS X v10.5 "Leopard" and v10.6 "Snow Leopard" operating systems that assists users in installing Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or GNU/Linux[1] operating systems on Intel-based Macintosh computers, although it was rumored that Microsoft designed Windows 7 to malfunction in boot camp, however there is no proof of this. In a 2008 keynote, Steve Jobs revealed that Apple decided on the name "Boot Camp" due to the irony of the phrase having the word boot in it.[citation needed] Boot Camp guides users through non-destructive re-partitioning (including resizing of an existing HFS+ partition, if necessary) of their hard disk drive and using the Mac OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard disc to install Windows drivers. In addition to device drivers for the hardware, the disc includes an applet for the Windows control panel for selecting the boot operating system.

I am thinking of making the move to Mac, and if I do I`ll then be able to answer these questions more specifically.

mickg

Registered
QUOTE (GarthChapman @ Oct 11 2010, 01:42 PM) Whatever you need to do on your Mac to run any Windows application will work, and I think that means you must have a version of Windows available to install on your Mac. Wikipedia says this about Bootcamp:

Boot Camp is a utility included with Apple Inc.`s Mac OS X v10.5 "Leopard" and v10.6 "Snow Leopard" operating systems that assists users in installing Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or GNU/Linux[1] operating systems on Intel-based Macintosh computers, although it was rumored that Microsoft designed Windows 7 to malfunction in boot camp, however there is no proof of this. In a 2008 keynote, Steve Jobs revealed that Apple decided on the name "Boot Camp" due to the irony of the phrase having the word boot in it.[citation needed] Boot Camp guides users through non-destructive re-partitioning (including resizing of an existing HFS+ partition, if necessary) of their hard disk drive and using the Mac OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard disc to install Windows drivers. In addition to device drivers for the hardware, the disc includes an applet for the Windows control panel for selecting the boot operating system.

I am thinking of making the move to Mac, and if I do I`ll then be able to answer these questions more specifically.

I am still unable to get remasetup.exe to run.

GarthChapman

Registered
QUOTE (mickg @ Oct 16 2010, 11:08 AM)
I am still unable to get remasetup.exe to run.

Hi Mick,

I wish we could help you with your computer operating system issues but we cannot take responsibility for that support on. We can only support the software.

I think someone at Apple would likely act to get your computer able to run a Windows environment so you can run REMA and any other Windows application, or you could do same by hiring a Geek Squad type of service, but Apple is where I would go of I were you. Of course will need to have a licensed version of Windows to install on your Mac.

We have several users successfully running REMA on their Macs, as you can see from the posts above. May re-reading those posts will lead you to the details you need.

Hope that helps.

NorthernAlex

Registered
I have a few clients who have PC software (complex sql database, asp.net solutions aso), but insist to use a Mac because of its design.

I tried a few solutions and the one I recommend and works best for me and my clients is called PARALLELS.

You will need a Windows OS and you cant use, let's say, the one you already have maybe on your notebook. Legit licences of WinXP Professional are going for a few $$$.

Back to Parallels:

After installing the software and the Win OS you ll have the possibility to run Parallels in different modes- and this is the sexy thing with Parallels:

Parallels Desktop provides a number of view modes to make your work with virtual machines more comfortable and efficient:

[*]Window mode. In this mode the virtual machine screen is displayed as a separate window. This is the default view mode.
Full Screen mode
. In this mode the virtual machine screen is expanded to occupy the whole of your physical computer's screen.
color: inherit; word-spacing: normal; letter-spacing: normal; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; text-transform: none; line-height: 10pt; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 6px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; float: none; clear: none; text-align: left; text-indent: 0cm; width: auto; height: auto; white-space: normal;">Coherence mode. In this mode the virtual machine's desktop is invisible so that you can see the virtual machine's application windows in Mac OS X and work with them side by side with your Mac OS X applications.
[*]Crystal mode. This mode is similar to the Coherence mode with a few additions -- all Parallels Desktop control elements, icons, and menus are hidden except for the Parallels Status icon in the Mac menu bar.
Modality mode
. In this mode you can view the virtual machine and the programs running inside it in a transparent scaled window while working in Mac OS X. By default, this window appears on top of all opened windows, so you can supervise your virtual machine during your work in Mac OS X.

I am using the Coherence Mode for my clients.

The Mac has an icon of the Windows Software they want to use on the Mac Environment. Here it would be REMA. You always stay on the MAC end and if you start your PC software you just get the software and it looks and feels like that it is embedded in the Mac. No MS Windows to see....

Try the trial version of Parallels- good for 30 days. Download a trial version of MS Win7 to play with and to see if it meets your demands...

Printing is no issue. The printer on your mac is getting passed through to your (virtual) PC....

NorthernAlex

Registered
LOL. and now I saw the date of the previous post.

Well, maybe someone else will take advantage of my post.

rbhogal

REIN Member
Hi Guys,

I run REMA using parallels virtual window XP environment on a Mac book Pro running Mac OS 10.7 without and issues. As the previous posts notes parallels offers a 30 days trial which is worth checking out to see if it works for you. I may also recommend LandlordMax which works both on Windows and Mac environments. (In my experience REMA strength lies with its analysis and due diligence functionality and LandlordMAX strength is on the ongoing operational tracking and reporting of your properties).

Best of luck,

Rikesh

Top Bottom