Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

More charges in works after landlord`s death

kir

Registered
Wow, this is too close to home !

Soon, landlords will need a bodygaurd to collect rent.

Kir.

invst4profit

Registered
Probably a better solution would be to not rent to dangerous offenders and mental cases.

kir

Registered
Small risk, but possible even after due dilegence.

Kir.

AminMurji

Registered
Does anyone do a crminal check on potentail tenants? If so, what is the process and how long does it take?

scoopert2000

Registered
I have always found it wise to bring along a "friend" when dealing tenants unless I know them well. Sometime the second person is enough to defuse a bad situation, sometimes they can serve as a good witness or at least call for help if things go wrong. And I'm a big guy with no worry's but why take the chance.

Stewart Cooper

kir

Registered
The easiest way is to tell your renter to go to the nearest RCMP station and file a report and then give it to you. It will cost about 30 dollars I think. Fastest and easiest.

I don't usually do a criminal check, if I feel i have too...this is a pass for me, but phone the local RCMP.

they have all the forms.

The other method is to check eviction notices on tenants at the court of queens bench. You can do this for a small fee , per name search.

Kir.

kfort

Registered
Generally free to get a criminal record check (for yourself) if it is for volunteering. Perhaps, in addition to renting a suite they could put in a few hours in the neighbourhood?

Top Bottom