Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Networked computers using REMA

GarthChapman

Registered
We are working to provide multi-user capabilities soon, with the data file residing in a location of your choosing on one of the computers in your network. You will be able to have more than one User in the database simultaneously, even perhaps in the same Property, but not in the same field.

You could thereby post your data file on a server and allow multiple Users to access the file over the network or via the internet, subject to whatever password and other security measures that you choose to implement to keep your data safe.

This should cover the needs of the vast majority of Users operating their business on more than one computer, and without the complexities involved in synchronization.

Watch for more on this soon.

Brian & Garth

marcp

Registered
That is very good news, as I keep all my Real Estate files on a separate server than my laptop. Until now I`ve kept the REMA database on the laptop, but without any offsite backup.

By the way, one "easy" and cheap way to get offsite backup is to get a gmail account, (3GB of storage free), and email yourself the backup file on a regular basis.

GarthChapman

Registered
Great idea Marc.

By the way, you can now choose the location of the data file back-up that is made automatically every time you exit REMA, and also you can now create a 2nd back-up file location (anywhere) and put is in any location you like, even a location not on your own computer, as long as your computer can later access it when you want it.

Check in the `Discussion` forum for the info on that in the latest Update (version 2.0.62) Oct 9 post.

greghead

REIN Member
Garth, great to hear that you are working on a networked solution! This has been the one thing holding me back from using the software as I have team members spread all over the province and everyone would need to have access to our database in order for it to be effective.

Since you are now moving to a networked application, have you thought about how you are going to license it? For instance, will it be per seat based or concurrent users?

In my case 5 people would need to have REMA installed on their local computers and the database would be on our file server that is in my office. If you charged per seat then I would have to license 5 copies, which would not be desirable from my perspective. However, if you went with a concurrent license model, then I would only need to buy enough licenses to support the maximum number of concurrent users at any one time.

P.S. Great job by the way and thanks for all your efforts in developing the product. I look forward to being able to use it at some point.

Regards,

Greg.

GarthChapman

Registered
Our Multi-User licensed version is ready!

Now you are able to access your REMA data via your home or office network. So no more manually swapping files between machines.

And you can also access it from anywhere in the world via the internet. You can use Windows Remote Desktop or via your own VPN (Virtual Private Network) to access REMA by running it on your PC at home or at the office with this technlogy.

Top Bottom