Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Income/Expense Maintenance utility

GarthChapman

Registered
We built you a neat little maintenance utility to allow you an un-filtered view and control over your Income & Expense entries in your properties. It allows you, by Property, to view and to manage all the Income entries and all the Expense entries for all years on one screen.

Here’s how to use it:

Go to Toolkit and click on ‘Income/Expense Data Maintenance’

Choose the property you want to review.

Select at the top right whether you want to review Income or Expense items. You will see the data below in a grid, with all the years of data in that property in one view.

You can then enter new items, modify existing ones or delete any of the entries already there.

JoeRagona

Registered
Hi Garth,
FYI, when using this tip and leaving the search blank the following error occurs : "Item cannot be found in the collection corrosponding to the rquested name or cordinal."

I click cancel then :

Run time error 91:Object variable or With block variable not set

Click OK

The system then crashes.

Joey

GarthChapman

Registered
Joey, I take it you mean when you leave the `Property Nickname` search field blank and click on `Search` that is when you get the error message, yes? What should happen is that the list below is populated immeditaely when you open the Income/Expese Data Maintenance feature, so you would then normally click on the Property you want to open.

I cannot replicate this error message - when I click on Search with nothing in the field nothing happens.

So please first run the fixmdb utility from within Toolkit. Then try again and let us know what happens. Then also check your version number and let me know if you are on the current 3.3.7 or not.

Thanks,

JoeRagona

Registered
Hi Garth,

You are correct in guessing that the property name was blank. It does give me an error when trying to search this way, HOWEVER I ran the fixmb utility and that corrected the problem.

Thanks for reminding me about that.

Joey

GarthChapman

Registered
QUOTE (JDRInvestments @ Aug 8 2008, 07:27 PM) Hi Garth,

You are correct in guessing that the property name was blank. It does give me an error when trying to search this way, HOWEVER I ran the fixmb utility and that corrected the problem.

Thanks for reminding me about that.

Joey

Well done Joey! Running the fixmdb is nearly always a good route to try first.

And remember to confirm you are running 3.3.7 so that REMA will update itself going forward.

JoeRagona

Registered
QUOTE (GarthChapman @ Aug 9 2008, 12:15 AM) Well done Joey! Running the fixmdb is nearly always a good route to try first.

And remember to confirm you are running 3.3.7 so that REMA will update itself going forward.

Yup, 3.3.7 - I`m a software junkie, so before this version I would check for updates every 2 days
style_emoticons

GarthChapman

Registered
QUOTE (JDRInvestments @ Aug 8 2008, 09:34 PM) Yup, 3.3.7 - I`m a software junkie, so before this version I would check for updates every 2 days
style_emoticons

Just like me. But now we can use that time more profitably...

Top Bottom