Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Northeast BC good opportunity?

ronmck

Registered
What do the veterans think about investing in Northeast bc right now with the recent news of the LNG project to move forward?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
It’s a good market but don’t overpay as many assets now command a premium price. NE BC has many cities, which one specifically ?

Sent from my iPhone using myREINspace

Rob Clarke

Northern BC Investor
Registered
I lived in Dawson Creek from 2009 - 2016 and currently have 6 units there. Buying in the right area and buying the right type of property is key. Feel free to reach out with any specific questions and I would be happy to help.

ronmck

Registered
i was thinking about fort st john and dawson creek but i am worried that there is still worries about the steel tariffs and if the project will actually start. I worry about the politics behind this kind of project as it is known to stop them right in there tracks and that would affect any housing demand there.

REIN actually did a report on Fort st John in 2014 and it seems alot of what was said has not come to fruition yet.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Smaller towns have far more risk. Price asset accordingly. Local knowledge critical as is a good PM.

Sent from my iPad using myREINspace

ronmck

Registered
Smaller towns have far more risk. Price asset accordingly. Local knowledge critical as is a good PM.

Sent from my iPad using myREINspace

Hi Thomas

what do you think about all the new builds in fort st john from developers like western Canadian properties they are new but i find expensive for that area and they seem to have a good setup as to management and rental knowledge?

ronmck

Registered
I lived in Dawson Creek from 2009 - 2016 and currently have 6 units there. Buying in the right area and buying the right type of property is key. Feel free to reach out with any specific questions and I would be happy to help.

Hi Rob

what do you think about all the new builds in fort st john from developers like western Canadian properties they are new but i find expensive for that area and they seem to have a good setup as to management and rental knowledge?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member

Hi Rob

A decent hassle fee buy.

Thomas Beyer, Asset Manager, Investor, Community Improver, Author, Father, Mentor www.prestprop.com

Rob Clarke

Northern BC Investor
Registered

Hi Rob

I’ll send you a direct message with some info.

Joan12319

New Forum Member
Registered
Have seen posts in other forums regarding Fort St. John and investors having difficulty finding renters. Bought property 6 months ago and no luck renting with property managers so have been holding and covering expenses. Do your due diligence and make sure you can get renters.

Top Bottom