Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Not using REMA cost me a rental increase

L

lanedry77

I`m a paying user of REMA, and think it`s easily worth the very low $20/mo cost.

But I`ve had a quiet summer, and hadn`t run REMA for a couple months. I just opened the software earlier this month - around October 2nd, and was immediately faced with a reminder to send a rental increase notice before September 30th for a January 1st rental increase.

Well, I clearly missed my window, and now I have lost at least a full month of increased revenue because I had gotten lazy, and wasn`t being proactive on my business.

I have now set REMA to run automatically every time I turn on my computer, just to make sure I don`t miss any more notifications.

I just thought I`d pass on the story since REMA is a great management package, but I got caught in the `I can handle it all myself` trap, and lost money as a result. Avoiding this little mistake might have paid for the year of REMA, so I`ve learnt my lesson (I hope) and wanted to put it out there to perhaps help others.

David.

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (DavidSandbrand @ Oct 13 2008, 09:51 AM) I`m a paying user of REMA, and think it`s easily worth the very low $20/mo cost.

But I`ve had a quiet summer, and hadn`t run REMA for a couple months. I just opened the software earlier this month - around October 2nd, and was immediately faced with a reminder to send a rental increase notice before September 30th for a January 1st rental increase.

Well, I clearly missed my window, and now I have lost at least a full month of increased revenue because I had gotten lazy, and wasn`t being proactive on my business.

I have now set REMA to run automatically every time I turn on my computer, just to make sure I don`t miss any more notifications.

I just thought I`d pass on the story since REMA is a great management package, but I got caught in the `I can handle it all myself` trap, and lost money as a result. Avoiding this little mistake might have paid for the year of REMA, so I`ve learnt my lesson (I hope) and wanted to put it out there to perhaps help others.

David.

Great, so whoever is teaching the REMA class should point out how to set REMA to run automatically the same way for all of us (I`ve always wondered how the reminders worked)

L

lanedry77

Hi Ed,

The quick way to do this is as follows;

Click on your `Start` button, and find the folder called `Startup`. In Vista, this `Startup` folder will be under `All Programs`, and in XP the `Startup` folder will be under `Programs`.

Once you have found the `Startup` folder, just right-click on it, and select the `Open` option.

Next, a window will open. You then manually copy the REMA shortcut into this folder, and you`re done.

To copy the REMA shortcut, you can find the REMA icon on your desktop, then RIGHT click the icon and while holding the RIGHT mouse button, drag it into the `Startup` folder. Once you`re in the `Startup` folder, just let the mouse button go, and choose the `Copy` option.

I hope that helps.

David.

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi david,

I am in total agreement. If an investor is serious about building their portfolio, it is impossible to manage it without a VERY good system. REMA captures all of the elements that sophisticated investors follow, because it has been built by sophisticated investors.

I do observes something funny, people will pay $5.00 for a coffee, or $125 for dinner out, but won`t invest in their business infrastucture (i.e computer software)... the thing that will get them to their ultimate goal.

Well done David, the new version is designed for analysis, managment and attracting Joint ventures and it is super cheap.

Top Bottom