Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ontario Lease Application Forms

Trizzy

Registered
Hey guys,

Where is the best place to purchase a lease application form for an Ontario lease?

I know that my local Rental Association(WRAMA) provides them, so I am leaning towards becoming a paid member(several benefits, above and beyond simply the lease form).

Just wondering if there is anywhere else some of you would suggest I purchase a lease form.

Thanks,

Tristan

Trizzy

Registered
WRAMA requires you to pay an additional cost above and beyond the membership fee for the forms. Ontariolandlords.ca`s documents are online, and are downloadable.

Let me rephrase my question. Which organization benefits me more, and why?

housingrental

Registered
WRAMA
No question

Nearly all major (many smaller also) landlords and property management companies are members in KWC

The cost is very low for membership and for the lease documents (top quality, regular updated, and supplemental documents - rental application, applicant particulars, sublet forms, assignment forms, guarantor forms)
And a great organization to be providing funds to

Regular local meetings
Easy access to many people when you need help with a variety of real estate issues

Free access to their library that has useful and hard to find items

Scottinvests

Registered
I found WRAMA to be filled with real estate agents and property managers who didn`t always have my best interests at heart.

I read www.ontariolandlord.ca daily. They don`t try to sell you anything. You get a lot of hard-nosed advice which has led to tenant activists and the LTB taking notice of the site.

I signed up and there is a huge rental kit of great documents that you can download as many times as you like after you sign the low cost membership fee. If you are a landlord in Ontario, you need to dream big and be aggressive and positive. You also have to know the system like the back of your hand because it can be a minefield.

housingrental

Registered
Hi Scott
Wrama doesn`t try to sell you anything.
There are also very few realtor`s that go to wrama meetings. Which one did you go to where there were many?
What information did you receive at a wrama meeting that wasn`t in your best interest?

QUOTE (Scottinvests @ May 26 2010, 03:15 PM) I found WRAMA to be filled with real estate agents and property managers who didn`t always have my best interests at heart.

I read www.ontariolandlord.ca daily. They don`t try to sell you anything. You get a lot of hard-nosed advice which has led to tenant activists and the LTB taking notice of the site.

I signed up and there is a huge rental kit of great documents that you can download as many times as you like after you sign the low cost membership fee. If you are a landlord in Ontario, you need to dream big and be aggressive and positive. You also have to know the system like the back of your hand because it can be a minefield.

Scottinvests

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ May 27 2010, 10:06 AM) Hi Scott
Wrama doesn`t try to sell you anything.
There are also very few realtor`s that go to wrama meetings. Which one did you go to where there were many?
What information did you receive at a wrama meeting that wasn`t in your best interest?
I just didn`t feel very comfortable. At times I like to work with other landlords. Not landlord+realtor, or landlord+property management company owner.

There`s a big difference between those groups and just being a pure landlord/investor. If you disagree, you disagree. And that`s fine. You are a landlord and work for landlords, right? Nothing wrong with it, only it is very difficult to find any type of group that is purely landlords, where we often praise and criticize realtors and property managers and have no outside interests other than discussing landlord issues.

Which is why I have my own personal meetings with other investors and read www.ontariolandlord.ca along with this site. I also find this site interesting for issues in other provinces. And the Ontario Landlord site gets me in touch with landlords all over the province. I`m looking at some rentals in another city this week-end thanks to a connection I got there.

housingrental

Registered
Thanks for your thoughts Scott
Whats the big difference you see between talking with someone who`s an investor only and an investor who also manages for others?
If you want to criticize realtors or property managers wouldn`t you be just as able to do this with any landlord there or really any realtor or manager other than the particular one your criticizing?

Top Bottom