Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Real Estate Jobs

princecharles

Registered
Hi I was speaking with some other members who are too just starting to invest in RE and are looking to build our income while we learn. Can anyone suggest a related occupation in the RE industry that will help learn the ropes of RE investing while earning a salary? I don`t know can people find jobs with investors groups in Toronto? Is becoming a RE salesperson/broker the only or best option?

Any guidance would be appreciated

housingrental

Registered
Property Management

But probably best bet is to get highest paying job you can - more income more to invest

mar

Registered
Any information on how much property managers make? I`m sure it can vary widely....but on average?

princecharles

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Oct 9 2008, 11:11 AM) Property Management

But probably best bet is to get highest paying job you can - more income more to invest

Thanks for your response, but why do you think property management would train one for being a real estate investor?

I think primarily us new guys are more concerned with what job will teach us the most about the game, rather than what will provide us with the most income initially. Although income is nice as well if possible..

Any suggestions anyone?

mikecunning

REIN Member
QUOTE (princecharles @ Oct 9 2008, 12:50 PM) Thanks for your response, but why do you think property management would train one for being a real estate investor?

I think primarily us new guys are more concerned with what job will teach us the most about the game, rather than what will provide us with the most income initially. Although income is nice as well if possible..

Any suggestions anyone?

Appraiser, Realtor (although only to learn deals and make contacts, not to get the commission on your own deals), Assistant to a Development Company etc, Check out UBC`s Urban Land Economics Program - it`s through correspondence.

housingrental

Registered
Provides hands on experience with things that determine how much an investment will make

You`ll have a better understanding of different properties rental rates , collection rates, maintenance expenses, etc..

Real nice to be able to look at a vacant property and know accurate rental rates, issues, accurate maintenance expenses, what modifications will provide what return on yearly income, etc..

Shouldn`t income be your first priority?

QUOTE (princecharles @ Oct 9 2008, 03:50 PM) Thanks for your response, but why do you think property management would train one for being a real estate investor?

Any suggestions anyone?

Nir

REIN Member
Prince,

Honestly, read Don Campbell`s book "Real Estate Investing in Canada" and start buying! That`s what I did.

This EXCELLENT book explains the entire buying process step by step and will definitely prepare you for the first purchase. Then, the first purchase will teach you even more and so on...

In other words, read the book and in 3 years tell us how your first 12-plex is doing
style_emoticons

Good luck,
Neil

Top Bottom