Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Red Deer Stats

HeatherBrandt

Registered
(sorry about the formatting)A publication of the Financial Post, Canadian Demographics 2009, estimates that Red Deer citizens` incomes are appoximately 18 per cent higher than the Canadian average.2009 Average Household Income

Red Deer 92,836
Alberta 97,306
Canada $78,689

Source - Canadian Demographics 2009

Estimated Average Household Expenditures Food 8,979Shelter 16,357Clothing 3,375Transportation 12,425Health & Personal Care 3,631Recreation, Reading & Education 7,311
Taxes & Securities 22,154Other Total Expenditures 12,188
Total Expenditures

Source: Financial Post Markets - Canadian Demographics 2009

Red Deer Average Apartment Rents Oct 2008

2 Bedroom $876 3 Bedroom and + $1038 Bachelor $624

1 Bedroom $738

Source: Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation, October 2005, 2006, 2008, Spring 2007, 2008

Major Employers

The Red Deer Region is home to several of Alberta`s largest corporations, including oil field servicing companies, manufacturers, retailers and petrochemical processors.

BJ Services Co. Canada Oil & Gas Servicing
Border Paving Ltd.
BP Canada Energy Company
Bruin`s Plumbing & Heating Ltd. Plumbing & Heating
Canadian Tire
Capri Centre Hotel & Convention Centre
DOW Chemical Canada IncPetrochemicals
Finning CanadaEquipment Servicing
Flint Energy Ltd. Oil & Gas Servicing
Halliburton Energy Service Inc. Oil & Gas Servicing
Home Depot
Johns Manville Canada Ltd. Fiberglass Insulation Materials
Nabors Production Services Oil & Gas Servicing
NOVA Chemical Inc. Petrochemicals
Olymel Sec L/P Fresh Pork (slaughter & cut)
Proform Concrete Services Concrete & Precast Products (curb, gutter, sidewalks)
Quinn`s Oilfield Supply Oil Well Subsurface Rod Pumps
Red Deer Advocate Daily Newspaper
Red Deer Lodge Hotel & Convention Centre
Sanjel Corporation Inc. Oil & Gas Servicing
Schlumberger Canada Ltd. Oil & Gas Servicing
Servus Credit Union Financial Services
Travelaire Trailer Ltd. Recreational Vehicle
Trican Oilwell Service Co. Ltd. Oil & Gas Servicing
Wal-Mart Canada
Westridge Cabinets Kitchen & Bathroom Cabinets

Public Sector
Chinook`s Edge School Division
David Thompson Health Region
Government of Alberta
Red Deer Catholic Regional Division No. 39
Red Deer College Post Secondary Education Programs
Red Deer Public School District
The City of Red Deer
Wolf Creek School Division

Source: Red Deer Regional Economic Development, 2009

Patrick

Staff member
REIN Member
QUOTE (HeatherBrandt @ Jul 21 2009, 09:54 AM) (sorry about the formatting)A publication of the Financial Post, Canadian Demographics 2009, estimates that Red Deer citizens` incomes are appoximately 18 per cent higher than the Canadian average.2009 Average Household Income

Red Deer 92,836
Alberta 97,306
Canada $78,689

Estimated Average Household Expenditures Food 8,979Shelter 16,357Clothing 3,375Transportation 12,425Health & Personal Care 3,631Recreation, Reading & Education 7,311
Taxes & Securities 22,154Other Total Expenditures 12,188
Total Expenditures

Source: Financial Post Markets - Canadian Demographics 2009

Red Deer Average Apartment Rents Oct 2008

2 Bedroom $8763 Bedroom and + $1038Bachelor $624

1 Bedroom $738

Source: Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation, October 2005, 2006, 2008, Spring 2007, 2008

Major Employers

The Red Deer Region is home to several of Alberta`s largest corporations, including oil field servicing companies, manufacturers, retailers and petrochemical processors.

BJ Services Co. Canada Oil & Gas Servicing
Border Paving Ltd.
BP Canada Energy Company
Bruin`s Plumbing & Heating Ltd. Plumbing & Heating
Canadian Tire
Capri Centre Hotel & Convention Centre
DOW Chemical Canada IncPetrochemicals
Finning CanadaEquipment Servicing
Flint Energy Ltd. Oil & Gas Servicing
Halliburton Energy Service Inc. Oil & Gas Servicing
Home Depot
Johns Manville Canada Ltd. Fiberglass Insulation Materials
Nabors Production Services Oil & Gas Servicing
NOVA Chemical Inc. Petrochemicals
Olymel Sec L/P Fresh Pork (slaughter & cut)
Proform Concrete Services Concrete & Precast Products (curb, gutter, sidewalks)
Quinn`s Oilfield Supply Oil Well Subsurface Rod Pumps
Red Deer Advocate Daily Newspaper
Red Deer Lodge Hotel & Convention Centre
Sanjel Corporation Inc. Oil & Gas Servicing
Schlumberger Canada Ltd. Oil & Gas Servicing
Servus Credit Union Financial Services
Travelaire Trailer Ltd. Recreational Vehicle
Trican Oilwell Service Co. Ltd. Oil & Gas Servicing
Wal-Mart Canada
Westridge Cabinets Kitchen & Bathroom Cabinets

Public Sector
Chinook`s Edge School Division
David Thompson Health Region
Government of Alberta
Red Deer Catholic Regional Division No. 39
Red Deer College Post Secondary Education Programs
Red Deer Public School District
The City of Red Deer
Wolf Creek School Division

Source: Red Deer Regional Economic Development, 2009

quote>Heather

Thank you for the post, and for highlighing key points to consider when looking at an investment town.

Its the perfect segway for me to jump in and give everyone a reminder to step up and register for the annual Field Trip and Western Conference being held on the weekend of the 28th and 29th of August...Central Alberta...Red Deer
to start. This is the perfect opportunity to see what Red Deer (and more)is really all about, in depth! And that is only just a start to what will be a terrific day.

As veteran Members will attest the field trips are a ton of fun...they provide fantastic networking opportunities, a place to hang out for the day with likeminded people, a resource to meet potential key team members, and a way to find any hidden gems in central Alberta. And that is just to name a few of many reason to register for this event. This field trip is the perfect example of doing the extra 10% that will impress your potential JV partners...better yet bring them with you!

Team bus leaders are excited and primed to deliver...and as always some fun surprises are in store!

See you there!

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (patrickf @ Aug 7 2009, 04:31 PM) Its the perfect segway for me to jump in and give everyone a reminder to step up and register for the annual Field Trip and Western Conference being held on the weekend of the 28th and 29th of August...Central Alberta...Red Deer to start. This is the perfect opportunity to see what Red Deer (and more)is really all about, in depth! And that is only just a start to what will be a terrific day.
I`d love to go, but I`m getting on a plane for Europe the next day. I`m pretty sure my wife would murder me! Looks like it`ll be a great trip!

Aneta

REIN Member
QUOTE (HeatherBrandt @ Jul 21 2009, 12:54 PM) A publication of the Financial Post, Canadian Demographics 2009, estimates that Red Deer citizens` incomes are appoximately 18 per cent higher than the Canadian average.

2009 Average Household Income

Red Deer 92,836
Alberta 97,306
Canada $78,689

Heather: Great set of information. Fits perfectly on the property goldmine scorecard.
I went online and found that `Canadian Demographics 2009` publication costs money. I am looking for such up to date information (average household income and population growth) for Edmonton and Grande Prairie. Does anyone have this information to share? Thanks.

HeatherBrandt

Registered
QUOTE (Aneta @ Aug 23 2009, 11:58 AM) Heather: Great set of information. Fits perfectly on the property goldmine scorecard.
I went online and found that `Canadian Demographics 2009` publication costs money. I am looking for such up to date information (average household income and population growth) for Edmonton and Grande Prairie. Does anyone have this information to share? Thanks.
All of the above information on Red Deer is from the city of Red Deer site. I assume you could get it from each city`s website or perhaps contacting city hall.

Top Bottom