Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Regarding Alberta`s New Royalty Framework

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Please re post it here, it was inadvertently deleted in the other forum and is an important discussion point.

By the way, I wouldn`t be too surprised to see the `framework` re-opened in 2009.

Jack

Registered
QUOTE Please re post it here, it was inadvertently deleted in the other forum and is an important discussion point.

Joe Iannuzzi asked that I don`t make posts on the Economic Fundamentals board, which is why I`ve been posting more frequently on the General Discussion board. If it was inadvertently deleted, I checked my profile to see the latest batch of posts I`ve made and I think it`s already been too long since posting that one. So, I think it`s gone, unless there`s some other way of bringing up old posts.

QUOTE By the way, I wouldn`t be too surprised to see the `framework` re-opened in 2009.

You`re certainly not alone on that thought. I`ve made posts on the General Discussion board in the last few days which have Murray Edwards bashing it, Gary Leach, and other respected industry participants. The reality is, it makes Alberta a less prosperous place to invest, and it`s not like these companies don`t have other options.

Overall, a colossal mistake by Stelmach. By petitioning the study, he gave control to that guy. I bet the last thing Stelmach wanted/expected to happen was for the study to come back saying that Alberta was not getting their fair share. When it came back saying exactly that, Stelmach was essentially forced to act, or else the study would`ve been crucified by the public as an enormous waste of money. And the whining from some Albertans about "not getting their fair share" would`ve continued.

GarthChapman

Registered
QUOTE (Jack @ Nov 15 2008, 08:01 AM) You`re certainly not alone on that thought. I`ve made posts on the General Discussion board in the last few days which have Murray Edwards bashing it, Gary Leach, and other respected industry participants. The reality is, it makes Alberta a less prosperous place to invest, and it`s not like these companies don`t have other options.

Overall, a colossal mistake by Stelmach. By petitioning the study, he gave control to that guy. I bet the last thing Stelmach wanted/expected to happen was for the study to come back saying that Alberta was not getting their fair share. When it came back saying exactly that, Stelmach was essentially forced to act, or else the study would`ve been crucified by the public as an enormous waste of money. And the whining from some Albertans about "not getting their fair share" would`ve continued.

Well said!

Top Bottom