Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REIN bookshelf

trudijohnston

Registered
I just picked up this book and its excellent!!!!!!

"A Complaint Free World" By Will Bowen

Have a great day!!!!!

Trudi Johnston

trudijohnston

Registered
I am so excited that Don`s new book is finally ready for purchase. Everyone should go out and buy a case of 22 as I intend to. I am going to package all of my REIN books to give as gifts to potential JV partners.

Here`s the link to the book at Amazon`s Discount: 51 Success Stories From Canadian Real Estate Investors

I am especially glad to hear about the royalties going to Habitat for Humanity and as many of you know Marni Grossman and I are working on our Habitat goal of $100,000 also. (stay tuned for information).

Trudi Johnston

ssteckler

REIN Member
My contribution to the bookshelf is "Good to Great" by Jim Collins. It has a lot of good insights for moving to the next level.

april8

Registered
The most valuable book I have ever read was "The Easy Way To Quit Smoking" By Allen Carr. I quit smoking immediatly after reading this book 3 years ago and have seen it work for other people as well. If you are a smoker this book is a must, for your health and your bank account!!

RebeccaBryan

Registered
QUOTE (april8 @ Dec 2 2007, 12:24 AM)
The most valuable book I have ever read was "The Easy Way To Quit Smoking" By Allen Carr. I quit smoking immediatly after reading this book 3 years ago and have seen it work for other people as well. If you are a smoker this book is a must, for your health and your bank account!!

It's about time you made a post little sister. And I'm really glad you read this book and quit smoking too! XOXO

GlennLasiuta

Registered
Hello All!!
Thank you Don and crew for a great workshop last night as usual!

I`m really glad that you mentioned Peter Lynch last night, as he is one of my heroes, and really what got me out of the `day trade` investing mentatlity. His approach to investing is based purely upon observation, fundamentals and due-dilligence - just like REIN.

So, my recommended reading for the month is `One up on Wall Street` by Peter Lynch
. Not real estate focused, but an interesting read and definately worth checking out!

R

RussellWestcott

QUOTE (trudijohnston @ Nov 28 2007, 12:09 PM) I am so excited that Don`s new book is finally ready for purchase. Everyone should go out and buy a case of 22 as I intend to. I am going to package all of my REIN books to give as gifts to potential JV partners.

Here`s the link to the book at Amazon`s Discount: 51 Success Stories From Canadian Real Estate Investors

I am especially glad to hear about the royalties going to Habitat for Humanity and as many of you know Marni Grossman and I are working on our Habitat goal of $100,000 also. (stay tuned for information).

Trudi Johnston

The first sighting of this book was this past Thursday night, and many people had the opportunity to read the first copies... you could almost smell the fresh ink.

If you would like more information Click here to read all the details, including all the titles of the stories within the pages.

Enjoy

trudijohnston

Registered
51 Success Stories

Thanks again Don. After the Thursday meeting I went home with book in hand, poured myself a glass of wine, a bowl of chips and sat down to read your new book. I read until 4:00 and was so happy to read such wonderful stories. They all taught me something!! BUT, even more wonderful was Saturday night when my 16 and 25 year old daughters and I were lying on the bed I told them I wanted to read them a story. They kind of looked at me like I was weird, but I told them I wasn`t. I read them my story and they were blown away, they both hugged me and said how amazing I was etc. You know, I was thinking maybe I shouldn`t show my girls and family for all the wrong reasons. I`m so glad they were thrilled about the book and they both asked me for a copy for their stocking!!!!

What more can I say, Don!!!!!!

Thanks-Trudi Johnston

DanBarton

Registered
A Must Read for everyone who is alive! Honestly. It sits on my desk as my bible...If you enjoyed `Think and Grow Rich` this book will take it to the next level for you.
"The Law of Success" by Napoleon Hill

Dan Barton

neilds

Registered
Has anyone read the book "Retire rich from real estate" by Marc Anderson and what did you think of it?

Shenan

Registered
A book that i consider a great read is ``The four Agreements`` by Don Miguel Ruiz. It`s a very easy read and truly changes your thinking, something similar to The Law Of Attraction.

What a great Forum, the response is great as well.

Thank you all for the great suggestions, something i will definitely take advantage of.

Thanks,
Shenan
style_emoticons

Judi220

New Forum Member
Registered
I just read Susan Jeffers, Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway.

Great for getting"unstuck"

Judi

CarlaJohnson

Registered
During a conversation with an old friend today I remembered Robert Kiyosaki`s Cashflow Quadrant.

It`s a slow read, but full of valuable information about the personal and emotional qualities that fit with each quadrant - Employee, Small Business Owner, Big Business Owner, Investor. Real estate investing moves many of us from one end of the spectrum to the other, from Employee to Investor. This is the biggest leap with the most significant personal & emotional challenges.

I have two copies. One stays at home and the other is at our log cabin. Concepts from this book lead to a lot of good conversations.

Cheers!

Carla

BMironov

Registered
Just a great book:
The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich
by Timothy Ferriss
http://www.amazon.ca/4-Hour-Workweek-Escap...9421&sr=8-1

"The 4-Hour Workweek is a new way of solving a very old problem: just how can we work to live and prevent our lives from being all about work? A world of infinite options awaits those who would read this book and be inspired by it!"
–Michael E. Gerber
Founder & Chairman of E-Myth Worldwide and the World`s #1 Small Business Guru

"If you want to live life on your own terms, this is your blueprint."
–Mike Maples
Co-founder of Motive Communications (IPO to $260M market cap), Founding Executive of Tivoli (sold to IBM for $750M)

"If you want to live your dreams now, and not in 20 or 30 years, buy this book!"

–Laura Roden
Chairman of the Silicon Valley Association of Start-up Entrepreneurs
Lecturer in Corporate Finance, San Jose State University

CarlaJohnson

Registered
In the spirit of "Think and Grow Rich" this is an ebook I have enjoyed reading many times over.

It was written in 1910 and has several faith-based references, but gives a broader understanding. It is a free online ebook and you get a monthly ezine that I really enjoy.

Enjoy!

vandriani

REIN Member
With all the info that REIN provides it`s a wonder how any of you have time to read anything else.

Don recommends a book about renovations but I can`t find andyreferences to it anywhere.
I know some of you must have it or know where to get it.
Please help

CarlaJohnson

Registered
It is most likely Arlen Dahlin`s Renovation Secrets. It is an entire course in a beautiful binder with CDs of pictures. You can buy it at any REIN meeting. We bought it and have referred to it MANY times for our renos.

Good Luck!

Top Bottom