Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REMA for Macs

JKF

REIN Member
Hello Boris!

Just to clarify.

I agree 100% with you. I already found a solution for my problems and I am personnaly using REMA on my MAC and PC since September. I am really happy with the software.

I just tried to help a member and maybe my joke was not "Chrystal clear"!

Sorry about the confusion.
style_emoticons

Francis

QUOTE (JKF @ Oct 29 2007, 11:07 AM) Hello Stephen!

Not sure if it is an option for you (hardware) but if you install the latest OS (Leopard) and install Bootcamp???

Good Luck.
style_emoticons
style_emoticons
style_emoticons

Francis

wwds

REIN Member
QUOTE (JKF @ Oct 29 2007, 10:07 AM) Hello Stephen!

Not sure if it is an option for you (hardware) but if you install the latest OS (Leopard) and install Bootcamp???

If not... put more pressure on REMA`s team for the MAC version
style_emoticons
style_emoticons
style_emoticons

Francis

Hi Francis,
thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately Boot Camp only works on Intel Macs.

This is from Apple`s web site
http://www.apple.com/macosx/techspecs/

"Boot Camp requires a Mac with an Intel processor and Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista..."

regards,
Steven

Judi220

New Forum Member
Registered
QUOTE (Chaps @ Oct 1 2007, 09:55 PM)
REMA for Macs?

A few Users now have REMA running on their Macs, using Windows emulation software. Read on below.

My apologies to those who posted to this topic in the Troubleshooting thread. I tried to move that thread to this one and lost it instead.

We run Linux, and this point are not able to get REMA to run within Wine. Possibly we need to upgrade, though the version we have (Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon) is fairly recent. We're getting a runtime error (429) - "ActiveX can't create object". Perhaps someone on the list here has encountered this, and has a workaround. Anyone???

Thanks

mortgageman

Registered
Help!!
I loaded bootcamp and Windows XP on my intel chip mac. Latest and greatest. When I boot Windows I loose my ability to connect to the internet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Jason

Sfylypchuk

Registered
Hi Garth et al,

I just loaded Rema on to my Mac.

Intel Chip
Mac OS 10.5.2 (latest update available)
VMware Fusion ($80)
Windows XP

So far so good but I haven`t really got into the guts of the program just yet.
I chose Fusion because you don`t have to reboot. I`ve got access to both OS`s full-time.
It`s the only way to go. And I have nothing against the "Wine" package but despite my
IT background, I don`t want to fiddle with things. My time is more valuable.
That`s why I`m using Rema, that`s why I bought Fusion and that`s why I`m a Mac user.
As much as I`d love to use Rema with Mac OS X, I`m not expecting it considering
the effort vs. ROI equation.

I hope this helps other Mac users that want the benefits of Rema.

Steve

chrismccallum

REIN Member
Hi Garth,

Chris again. I tried to use the wine function to assist, and to no avail. I also tried to use the parallels and it didn;t work. When do you expect the Mac version to arrive? Should I go and buy a PC? I am pretty anxious to get going, and have already paid for it. Any help would be unbelievable. I can give you my personal home phone number, if that would speed things up.

- Chris

GarthChapman

Registered
Chris, you may need to get some help from a Mac expert to get this running, as we have no expertise at all in the world of Macs. We do not intend to write a separate version of REMA specifically for the Mac Platform. You can see from this thread that several Mac Users have REMA running using a variety of Windows Emulation software - hopefully one or more of them could give you some advice. You may want to try a PM to one or more of them.

chrismccallum

REIN Member
Garth et al,

I got it running on my Mac as well. It takes a bit of time to do it, but with the help of a very patient fellow REIN member, I figured it out.

I am using a newer Mac with version 10.5.5, a 2.4 Ghz Intel Core Duo, and it is the OS X version.

I downloaded the VM Fusionware program from their site, and got it for free for a month to try it out. You know, extend the payments!

It ends up looking like another computer within my computer. I simply click on the VM Fusion software icon, and it runs a Windows screen, complete with the patented "windows run up chime". I then installed Rema as per the instructions and off we go. The only thing I have yet to confirm is whether I can print or not. I also have found a bug that shuts down the Rema program sometimes, but I don`t understand it.

The other issue is that I have is that hotmail doesn`t always work, but that is of little concern. Thanks a lot for the help. I`d be glad to assist anyone that might need it.

- Chris

jcabral

Registered
Hello:

There is another solution called Virtual Box. Its free from Sun Microsystems, Inc. You can run this software and use the mac at same time.

http://www.virtualbox.org/
span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

blissedheart

Registered
hi there,
i have downloaded wine and still cannot get rema to work
any ideas?
ihave my computer guy here right now

GarthChapman

Registered
I know pretty much nothing about Macs, but, based on what I see in these posts, I`m not sure Wine is the best solution for you, given what I see in all these posts. I suggest you get a Mac expert to help you with this. It appears there a a few options working for other Mac users here. You might want to PM one or more of them.

Anonymous

Registered
QUOTE (Chaps @ Oct 18 2007, 02:41 PM) Way to go Francis! We need a bit more info so we can provide a detailed solutionfor all our Mac Users - hoping you can provide for us:
1) Is your Mac on OS10? If not, which OS?
2) Is your Mac running the Intel chip? If not, which chip?
Thanks,

Has anyone ever tried running REMA on CrossOver? I run a lot of online games, and windows software on my MAC using CrossOver. I have been very successful in running MS Access 2007 for projects. I have yet to try installing my copy of Visual Studio.Net 2008 but it would be really nice to eliminate the Windows box I currently do development work on.

JanBowler

Registered
Virtualbox is much easier to use than Parallels. And free.
You can run Windows or other OS`s in a window on your mac and go back and forth between them. No need to reboot.

Top Bottom