Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Renovators in Calgary

marcp

Registered
I`m looking for a renovator that specializes in basement windows (cutting concrete, etc), in the Calgary area.

There`s only one entry in the Resource Directory.

If you`ve used a reno contractor that you`re happy with and would like to recommend him, please reply to this post.

Thanks,
Marc
Pulse Home Buyers
403-969-3289

Anonymous

Registered
If there are any solid responses from REIN members, we`ll definitely add `em to our directory.

Also Marc, if you would like to have your name and business appear at the bottom of ALL of your posts, you could go under User CP (in the top right hand corner of the forum) > Personal Profile > Edit Signature and put that text inside - that way you won`t have to type it out each time!

Bill

Registered
Hi Marc,

We have used A1-Concrete with some success!

Regards,

Bill

FayWong

Registered
I have had good luck with Jerry at Shawbrooke Rigid Construction- he specializes in cutting out windows but also does general contracting. Right now he is making a basement suite for my daughter (which includes 3 windows)

Anonymous

Registered
WARNING: check with your bylaw office and permit office to ensure you can do this? I know that in a few markets I play in... you need a building permit for this type of work.

In addition, if you are going lower, you will need to ensure you have proper drainage, weather and water protection, etc. Finally, make sure you have some type of warranty on the work for leaks, etc. I know from personal experience, below grade alterations have a sneaky habit of increasing likelihood of water damage.

For this reno, don`t go cheep... a water leak in a new basement window can cause 1000 - 5000 in water damage, repairs, tenant relationship issues, etc.

Here is a great article from CMHC on this topic. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/renoho/re.../refash_024.cfm

Good luck and be cautious.

pclaeys

Registered
Hi,

I am a REIN member in Calgary and my husband`s company Glass Pro`s Inc. manufactures and installs windows and doors including basement windows. Randy can be reached at 809-1732. Mention you are a REIN member for 10% discount.

Penny Claeys

Top Bottom