Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rent increase in BC

EricBodin

Registered
Hi everybody,

I have a condo in downtown Vancouver (Yaletown area) with a very good tenant (not a single problem so far) but the 1 year lease comes to an end soon.
I was wondering, under the BC regulation, what the max rental increase percentage could be ? and if for the one who are familiar with the downtown market, you think it is still ok to increase the rent with the economy going downhill?
Also, as this is a good tenant, would it be better to sign a new 1 year lease or go with the month to month ?

Thx,

TerryF

Registered
QUOTE (EricBodin @ Mar 5 2009, 08:58 PM) Hi everybody,

I have a condo in downtown Vancouver (Yaletown area) with a very good tenant (not a single problem so far) but the 1 year lease comes to an end soon.
I was wondering, under the BC regulation, what the max rental increase percentage could be ? and if for the one who are familiar with the downtown market, you think it is still ok to increase the rent with the economy going downhill?
Also, as this is a good tenant, would it be better to sign a new 1 year lease or go with the month to month ?

Thx,

Go here for info on B.C. properties: http://www.rto.gov.bc.ca/content/news/default.aspx
About 1/2 way down the page or so, you will see info on the allowed rent increase for 2009. It is 3.7%.

Top Bottom