Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rental add back

jesse-g

Does anyone have any advice for a new investor trying to understand the 50% rental ad back policy ? Are there any ways around this? With the way I understand it, it is going to quickly put and end to my portfolio growth

Sent from my Pixel using myREINspace mobile app

kfort

Registered
Not all banks evaluate the same. Example: I’ve just switched 6 files to TD who evaluates by taking rent, subtracting 3% vacancy (Canada wide its this number currently), taxes, mortgage P&I. If that comes out a positive number they set it aside and act as if it doesn’t exist.

Their global limit is 10, 6 with TD itself.

All these evaluating factors are subject to change at any time. You’d be fairly well advised to consult a legitimately solid mortgage broker. And you may be surprised at how near or far you may find one!

Sent from my iPhone using myREINspace

angelapeng

Registered
Not all banks evaluate the same. Example: I’ve just switched 6 files to TD who evaluates by taking rent, subtracting 3% vacancy (Canada wide its this number currently), taxes, mortgage P&I. If that comes out a positive number they set it aside and act as if it doesn’t exist.

Their global limit is 10, 6 with TD itself.

All these evaluating factors are subject to change at any time. You’d be fairly well advised to consult a legitimately solid mortgage broker. And you may be surprised at how near or far you may find one!

Are your files rental properties? A few years ago, TD only allows 4 rental properties with them, don't know that they can finance up to 6.

kfort

Registered
5 rentals one primary

Top Bottom