Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RTO potential buyers Cooee? Hellooo?

Carene

Registered
QUESTION to everyone doing RTO. I know Edmontion is a great investment town, but I live in Vancouver and I believe (maybe incorrectly ?)
that I want to be close to my tenant/buyers and my properties. I am focusing on South Surrey Cloverdale Abbotsford and area

I want to do tenant first deals and have spent my marketing efforts on trying to FIND the potential tenant/buyers.
by craigslist, meeting and telling realtors and Property Managers about RTO in case they have buyers who don`t qualify at the bank, facebook and linked- in contacting, driving traffic to a website. I know there are a lot of other marketing venues- which I will test later (yellow letters idea) . I AM NOT FINDING the RTO buyers. The best results so far has been referrals from a Property Mngr and a realtor who has potential clients- these turned out to be non- starters- long story..
I LIKE doing this kind of one on one networking better than the ONLINE advertising I am doing- so far resulting in sLOWLY building my buyers or networking lists on facebook etc I have read many books on the RE Marketing subject, and done many webinars - There are many many ways to do this but one cannot do it all at once.

Do I do MORE of the same? Does it just take many months?

Any proven creative Suggestions?

Carene [email protected]

tonypeters

Registered
Carene,

I have provided you with some feedback with respect to your questions on another post you responded to. It is titled $500k in profit.

QUOTE (Carene @ Jan 26 2010, 12:04 PM) QUESTION to everyone doing RTO. I know Edmontion is a great investment town, but I live in Vancouver and I believe (maybe incorrectly ?)
that I want to be close to my tenant/buyers and my properties. I am focusing on South Surrey Cloverdale Abbotsford and area

I want to do tenant first deals and have spent my marketing efforts on trying to FIND the potential tenant/buyers.
by craigslist, meeting and telling realtors and Property Managers about RTO in case they have buyers who don`t qualify at the bank, facebook and linked- in contacting, driving traffic to a website. I know there are a lot of other marketing venues- which I will test later (yellow letters idea) . I AM NOT FINDING the RTO buyers. The best results so far has been referrals from a Property Mngr and a realtor who has potential clients- these turned out to be non- starters- long story..
I LIKE doing this kind of one on one networking better than the ONLINE advertising I am doing- so far resulting in sLOWLY building my buyers or networking lists on facebook etc I have read many books on the RE Marketing subject, and done many webinars - There are many many ways to do this but one cannot do it all at once.

Do I do MORE of the same? Does it just take many months?

Any proven creative Suggestions?

Carene [email protected]

markl

Registered
Hi Carene,

We have not had much success finding tenant buyers on Craigslist. We like Kijiji more and we have found networking with mortgage brokers to be more effective than realtors in the long run as they see more prospects cross their desks.

I still stick by Don`s tip when researching where to advertise for free by googling to see where renters are looking online and I post there.

Remember it takes 7 touches to create a client so if you have lawn signs or bandit signs which we use very little of to be honest with you. They may see that and find your website while strolling across the internet and it gives you more credibility.

It does take a while to get the process in motion. You need to educate the people you are trying to work with about what you are looking for and how they can bring it to you.

Being an overnight success takes years of hard work and dedication

Regards,

Carene

Registered
QUOTE (markl @ Jan 26 2010, 01:07 PM) Hi Carene,

We have not had much success finding tenant buyers on Craigslist. We like Kijiji more and we have found networking with mortgage brokers to be more effective than realtors in the long run as they see more prospects cross their desks.

I still stick by Don`s tip when researching where to advertise for free by googling to see where renters are looking online and I post there.

Remember it takes 7 touches to create a client so if you have lawn signs or bandit signs which we use very little of to be honest with you. They may see that and find your website while strolling across the internet and it gives you more credibility.

It does take a while to get the process in motion. You need to educate the people you are trying to work with about what you are looking for and how they can bring it to you.

Being an overnight success takes years of hard work and dedication

Regards,

Carene

Registered
Thanks Mark- Guess I am starting to feel like the seminar graduate who has studied a lot (and read your book ) and is just ITCHING to get those first properties under my belt!

You are correct- I am finding I have to educate the realtors ANd others I talk to - but once they GET it that this will increase their sales, they like the idea. I am moving on to Brokers next. I am very comfortable meeting and pitching people and feel I could paper and lawnsign and yellow letter into cyberspace ad infinitum ........

AS I WAS TYPING MY FIRST DEAL CAME IN FROM A SURREY REALTOR! Talked to the potential buyers RINA AND GIOVANNI from Delta on phone- they are sooo happy Called me an angel- HOPE I can swing this for them. I am sending them the Rent to Own Application from your website and get them to pull credit report . I WILL BE reporting on progress!!.

Top Bottom