Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scotiabank Renewal Issue - Wondering How This Works

Millions

Registered
Hey everyone,

I had a Scotia mortgage that was up for renewal on June 30th. I had talked with a mortgage broker about going with another bank but due to time contraint, he recommends I go to an open term mortgage just for a few days while we worked out some paper work.

So, I went with a 7.5% open term with Scotia. However, I ended up decided to stay with Scotia and signed a 2.77% renewal.

So, basically, from June 30 - July 4, I was under 7.5%.

However, Scotia charged me the full monthly rate ($1400) on July 2nd.

My mortgage broker told me I should only be paying that added interest for the 5 days I had it, not for the full 30 days, since my 2.77 was locked in on July 4th.

What should I do?

Shouldn't I get a refund of a portion of that? or have it go towards the balance?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
It’ll be adjusted in early August as bank didn’t know July 1 what you will do.

Sent from my iPad using myREINspace

Millions

Registered
Okay, sounds good. That's what I figured but the girl I'm dealing with at Scotia doesn't say that. She seems to think I just have to pay that because of what it was on July 2nd. Then again, wouldn't be the first a Scotia rep knew less than you guys :)

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Okay, sounds good. That's what I figured but the girl I'm dealing with at Scotia doesn't say that. She seems to think I just have to pay that because of what it was on July 2nd. Then again, wouldn't be the first a Scotia rep knew less than you guys :)

Yes you may have to follow up in August and chase this through ..

Thomas Beyer, Asset Manager, Investor, Community Improver, Author, Father, Mentor www.prestprop.com

Top Bottom