Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Seeking joint venture partner for Edmonton.

DaveT

Registered
Seeking partner for investing in Edmonton properties. I am seeking a JV partner to supply the down payment; I will do the legwork on research, buying, managing, and selling.Here is what I buy, how I manage, and why:
  • Location, location, location. I confine myself to a few upcoming neighbourhoods near where I live – central Edmonton. I know the area (it`s good) and I know the prices.[*]Larger lots. In upcoming neighbourhoods, it`s best to acquire the larger lots, which have good value growth.[*]The cheap house on the decent block. Let the neighbours raise and sustain our property value.
  • Not too fancy.
  • Don`t pay extra for a pristine property. Let the tenants do cosmetic upgrades, and actually increase our value rather than decreasing it.Fundamentally sound.
  • I have a good home inspector and I use him every time – no exceptions.Get the Right Tenant.
  • I zero in on responsible applicants and do credit checks. I also get tenants who want to do cosmetic upgrades, and have the trades skills; you don`t have to settle for just getting the rent cheques on time!Keeping an eye on it.
  • I live in the area and visit my properties regularly, for obvious reasons.
If you like the above approach, and want to invest in Canada`s best, and most fundamentally sound real estate market, email me at [email protected].

Top Bottom