Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

storage units

emily12

New Forum Member
Registered
When I started moving a lot for work from Toronto, I realized that it would be tough to transport all of my belongings with me every time I travelled. I lived in a 3 bedroom house, but the apartments my company booked for me were much smaller than that. I thought of throwing some of my things away, but I was attached to most of it to tell you the truth. Instead of throwing my pieces of stuff like books, furniture, sports gear, shoes, etc., I decided to rent storage units near me. I was renting a storage unit for the first time. But I've heard a lot about it and due to the necessity researched about it. I was able to find a clean, well-run facility that had a considerable number of sizes. But the only thing that worries me is the insurance part of it. What kind of insurance should I take? What will be the insurance period if I plan to rent the storage units only for a few months?

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member

People also ask​

How much is renters insurance for a storage unit?
On average, storage unit insurance costs anywhere between 50 cents and $2 for every $100 worth of property in the unit. The cost may vary depending on how large the storage unit is.

Do you need insurance for Public Storage?
For your benefit and protection, insurance for your stored items is required. A convenient and affordable way to get the insurance coverage you need is through the Orange Door Storage Insurance Program — a customized insurance policy created specifically for Public Storage customers.

What kind of insurance do I need for storage unit?
Insurance coverage
for belongings in a storage unit is typically provided by the "off-premises" personal property coverage in a homeowners policy. Covered perils typically include fire, lightning, theft and vandalism, according to the Insurance Information Institute (III).

I think that you can cancel it when you no longer require it.

Top Bottom